“Our little life for live and love”

Agriturismo San Gallo
Debrecen, Hungary
“Our little life for live and love”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Waited for our trip to Italy, Tuscany so much, waited for that for month, and spent a lot of time to find a perfect place. I can say that we changed every previous ideas, when I found the San Gallo. Make it short, first we planned to spend 2-2 days on several places, and travel, but finally I thought, better to stay more days on one place, and have more intimacy, spend the most time together with my husband, my love, we are able to. I was sure, that I want a romantic place, and was so happy, when found Villa Scacciapensieri in Siena. But. After made the booking, what seemed a perfect decision, started to read the reviews on TA, and felt, that must look for something else. Browsing the net, really accidentally found the San Gallo homepage. I knew, that that is it what we want, what we were looking for. After changing some mails, and phonecalls, finally we could say, that the booking was done for the No. 5 app., on the upper floor.
When we arrived, already were amazed by the landscape, beautiful Tuscany, but when I saw the property, I couldn't find words. Our appartment was very big - 55 sqm - light, and furnitured like a real home, not a hotel. In the living room was a fireplace, a sofa, long table with chairs, and TV (what we never switched on), and one of my favourite place, the small kitchen in the cupboard. I never thought, that during holiday I want to cook every day, but here, at San Gallo I just wanted to. In the small kitchen I found everything what I needed! There was a basket on the table with marmelade, tea, sugar, honey, but I enjoyed very much the local stores, and prepared our meals every day. Since then I use oilve oil many times, and today finally I bought that traditional coffee-maker, what was in the kitchen, and I loved, when Samuel made our coffee every day.
From the living room we could go to the big and light bedroom (on the last day we found the safe behind the door - though we didn't miss it) with the comfortable, nice bed. The bathroom was also big, with shower. There's hairdrier too, but for me was not hot enough, I had mine with me, but need converter, so before you go, pack it in the luggage.
During the whole week we were the only guests there, and since we came home, I say so many times, that the week was our little life. Finding peace, silence, amazing surrounding, the beautiful towns and villages. Cannot say enough, how much I want to go back to San Gallo with my man, every season would be beautiful.
Must say THANK YOU so so many times, and hope to meet next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emese_71

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Amsterdam
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed at San Gallo the week before our wedding with family and friends, and it was perfect!! Olimpia and her father are very welcoming and helpful and could not do enough to ensure all of us had everything we needed and were having a great time. The scenery/location is stunning - you could not ask for a more beautiful view up to Montepulciano and the San Biagio church from anywhere else in the surrounding valley (and we scouted the bulk of local agruturismos in the area before we decided on San Gallo). Olimpia and her father also hosted a BBQ for roughly 60 of our wedding guests a few days before the wedding (on a beautiful spot above their wine cellar with amazing views in all directions) with their wine (excellent!!), local meats and salads. We had a great time and will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Falmouth, Maine
Reviewed June 2, 2011

After many years of traveling Italy by tour, my husband and I decided to get off the tourist route and find a place to enjoy the countryside and local residents. We based our decision on location and proximity to other hill towns. We found San Gallo was all that and more. The owners, the Roberti family, greeted us like long lost relatives and helped us acclimate to the area recommending restaurants, places to go and things to see. This coupled with the delicious wine and olive oil they produce made our stay a dream! The "farm" is a quiet setting amidst rolling Tuscan hills with sheep bahhing in the distance, while in the shadow of San Biaggio and flanked by row upon row of grapes - they produce the regional Vino Nobile wine. If you're looking for an independent getaway - peaceful and serene, yet with plenty to do and see - this is the place to go. We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaineMaria
Falmouth, Maine
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This is the best place in the world. I love this place, I need this place, I want to go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I absolutely loved my time at San Gallo and was sad to leave, I could have happily stayed another week. Olimpia and her father "Avvocato" were incredibly warm and welcoming. The premises and surroundings are outstanding. Oh, and the wine produced at San Gallo is wonderful. I can't recommend this place highly enough; I hope to return again in the future.

Room Tip: Rent a car
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Set a few kilometers from town down a narrow dirt road, this agriturismo puts you in the middle of the Tuscan countryside.

A wonderful renovated building that is centuries old, with large suites, especially for Italy.

The pool is nice, and there are foosball and other games to play outside.

You look up the hill to see the town of Montepulciano. You have a great view of San Biagio.

From the parking lot you can look north across the valley to see several hill towns and the many vineyards in between.

I can't state enough just how much we liked it here. The value/quality ratio is great.

Their wine is nice, and I think in a few years of refinement, they will have a very good product.

The only negative is that it is not in walking distance to the city.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LostinAustin1
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed at San Gallo for several days in June during our honeymoon in Italy. I won't reiterate everything that has been stated in other reviews, but I will emphasize a few things.

1. Incredible location with beautiful views or Montepulciano, San Biagio (absolutely stunning architecture), and the surrounding Tuscan countryside.
2. Olimpia and her father are great people and very kind and generous hosts. They make for a very enjoyable stay.
3. We stayed in the largest suite on the top floor of the farmhouse. Great accomodations with stunning views. The bathroom is quite large with a real nice shower (good water pressure). We used our kitchen on one occasion and found that it had all the essentials we needed to make a nice breakfast.
4. My wife and I had originally intended not to rent a car, with the intention of walking into town for lunch/dinner. In the end, we ended up renting a car and without a doubt, this was the right decision for us. It is quite a climb to Montepulciano town and there is not much room to walk on the side of the road. My wife and I are very active and exercise daily, yet we were very glad to have the vehicle. It also allowed us to explore the rest of Tuscany and the beautiful surrounding towns.

All in all, San Gallo is your place to stay for an unforgettable experience in the beautiful Italian countryside. Very peaceful, beautiful property, great hosts, and unbelievable views.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple