“Not to be forgotten !”

La Terrazza di Montepulciano
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Montepulciano
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My partner and I had a wonderful stay here ~ we really enjoyed Roberto and loved the location and rooms and would not consider staying anywhere else when going back to Monte.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Binty12
There are newer reviews for La Terrazza di Montepulciano

Reviewed October 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I loved our stay at The La Terrazza for 2 nights! We had a little difficult finding it. When arriving Montepulcino, look for the yellow signs marked "La Terrazza". The first one may be difficult to find but after you locate the first, the rest are easy to find. After driving the curvy and windy roads, you will arrive to the quaint and beautiful La Terrazza. It is centrally located and easy access to shopping and restaurants in the town. We had a nice size bed room with a suite and a darling balcony with beautiful flowers. Our bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small but most bath rooms in Italy tend to be small. Breakfast consisted of pastry with Nutella, rolls, home made cakes, cheese, yogurt, and fresh fruit. Breakfast is served inside if weather is chilly and outside on the patio if weather is warm. Roberto and Victoria were wonderful hosts. They make you feel like you are at home. Roberto is quite the character and is very amusing! You will see. When we arrived, Roberto gave us a map of the town which was quite helpful. Just make sure you wear good walking shoes as the town presents with steep hills. If you are thirsty in the evenings, you may go downstairs to the kitchen refrigerator to get a water, soda, or juice for a small fee. That was a nice added bonus. I would highly recommend this quaint B & B to anyone traveling to Montepulciano!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SherryLynne17
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My girlfriend Sherry and I spent two nights in September 2011 at the hotel la Terrazza in Montepulciano. The owner Roberto is a special character that you like to meet in beautiful Tuscany. The hotel is in a good location with private parking and in a walking distance to the beautiful town of Montepulciano (go wild in the shopping).
The room was very nice and well decorated; breakfast in the morning fun with Roberto doing his show presenting fresh fruits and cakes.
We recommend this hotel to future guest.
Ciao
Marco L (road warrior)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marco L
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I am happy to say that i was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel and do not hesitate to recommend it very highly indeed!

The location was excellent- very central and well sign posted.
The room (i was staying alone) was big, with a lovely comfortable double bed, windows with shutters on to a terrace with chairs and flowers, a spotless bathroom with amenities.
Breakfast was on a beautiful outdoor terrace and was plentiful- your choice of yogurt and any hot beverage, juice (or bottled water) fruit, sliced delicious cheese, bread, assortment of jam, peanut butter etc, croissant and 2 home baked pastries per day- apple strudel and some local delicious cake.
Room serviced and spotless
When i arrived, Victoria insisted on lugging my extremely heavy suit case up numerous flights of stairs.
She gave me a map and recommended a very close local restaurant which was not only inexpensive but the best food i had in Italy! i went back for both my nights
I was made to feel very very welcome by her.
given a key to come and go as i pleased.

In general i was very happy with my stay of 2 nights and would not hesitate to return. There was no air conditioning but there was a fan.

Thank you for a great stay in a beautiful town..

Room Tip: I travelled alone and stayed in room number 9 and would recommend it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank samrey
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Good central B&B so very good for wandering the streets of Montepulciano. Character place. Very welcoming! Tricky to find but keep following the signs. Request parking as the hotel has 4 spaces.

No A/C which made it very hot, especially at night. One fan was not enough for 3 people – probably needed one each in August! Needed a bit more variety for breakfast – no cereal, too much cake, only one flavour fruit juice….

Don't miss Montepulciano - lovely town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TravellerOxford
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We spent 5 nights at La Terrazza and loved the place. Roberto and Victoria made us feel like family, and Roberto's gregarious personality kept us entertained. Our room was huge with a sitting room, separate bedroom, and updated bathroom. It opened onto a lovely terrace. Breakfast is served downstairs on the patio or inside and was delicious each morning, consisting of juice, coffee choices, croissants, cakes, fruit, yogurt, and cheese, bread, and honey. I reserved via email and was a little concerned about communication problems since I speak no Italian, but Roberto speaks English well enough that we had no problems. I enjoyed the fact that, except for one night, we were the only Americans staying there. The only problem we had was finding the place. You have to really watch for the yellow La Terrazza signs carefully or you'll end up going the wrong way on a one way street like I did! We actually parked at the entrance to old town and walked to La Terrazza the first time and Victoria took me back to the car and led me to the hotel. But even with the highlighted map she gave us, we still got lost the first time trying to find it on our own. (Maybe I'm just directionally challenged.) There is free parking in front of the hotel and Wi-fi is free but a little flaky sometimes, and there is no AC or fan, but, except for one night when it was a little warm, we were comfortable just sleeping with the windows open. Whenever we get to go back to Italy I'm sure we'll make a visit to Montepulciano and spend a few days at La Terrazza.

Room Tip: Not all rooms were as large as ours, #4, I think.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jojotn
Reviewed May 9, 2011

La Terrazza offered warm and friendly service, clean and comformtable rooms and excellent location in the heart of Montepulciano with an affortable price. Will definitely visit La Terrazza again in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends