“Fun for wine lovers, also great food!”

La Bottega del Nobile
Reserve with
La Bottega del Nobile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In our wine-shop you can find more than 300 labels of Tuscan wine, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, Morellino di Scansano, Bolgheri, Vernaccia di San Gimignano and Super Tuscans. Furthermore it's possible to taste more than 50 wines and typical Tuscan food. Among the appetizers, you can find a selection of cold meats and cheeses made by local producers. Our handmade pasta is "pici" with cheese and pepper, garlic and tomato sauce and some with meat and tomato sauce. Among our second courses you can have beef from the chianina breed and meat from the cinta senese pig.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a really fun evening and La Bottega del Nobile. If you've never been to a wine bar like this its a fun experience. You basically get an ATM card to try wines (the hard part is not spending all 50 Euro). They have machines set up throughout the restaurant and the staff is helpful on what to try. Of course you can always just buy a bottle. We enjoyed the pasta dishes as well as a platter of Tuscan meats and Pecorino which was fantastic. I'd recommend a little bug-spray as we had a really cute table downstairs and got bit up by mosquitoes.

2  Thank yojosh
There are newer reviews for La Bottega del Nobile

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I can't comment on the food here, as I didn't eat. I visited the place during the afternoon to taste some wines, as it is operates as a wine bar, and wine shop as well as a restaurant. There are so many opportunities in Montepulciano to taste great local wines, whether in a restaurant, or a shop/cellar of a local producer where you can taste their wines for free or buy. This place however, offers something a little different...
Much like the Sampler in London, there are a number of wines available to taste from dispensing machines where bottles have a tap attached. You are given a card with up to 20 Euros on it, and you go up to the machines, pick any wine and dispense either a tasting sample, a half glass or a full glass, all individually priced, and keep going either until you've tasted as much as you wish or until the 20 Euros on the card is used up. Opting for tasting samples gives you opportunity to taste more widely, and if there is one you particularIy like, you can go back for another taste or a glass, (or buy a bottle or two to take home.) I was able to try 12 tasting samples for 18 Euros, which was excellent value, all Tuscan wines including excellent examples of the local Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Brunello from nearby Montalcino and Chianti Classico, all from good quality producers. My favourite on the day was the superb Mastrojanni 2007 Brunello, but I would imagine they vary the selection from day to day.

Both the young lady who helped me get started and was on hand to answer questions or help if needed, and the young man serving, were very good and professional and seemed to be quite knowledgable about the different wines and producers. They can either guide you step by step or leave you to get on with it, as I did, knowing what I was looking for. And of course you can have nibbles or a full meal while you are there, or simply taste and/or buy wine.

The place is set out very nicely, and while I can't comment on the food it was a place I'd have liked to try with my family but we were only in Montepulciano for 2 nights.
If you enjoy Tuscan wines and want somewhere to taste or choose from a wide selection, I would very much recommend this place.

1  Thank Adam V
Reviewed April 4, 2013

They have a great selection of wine from most of the Tuscany wine producers. You can sample the wines at your table while eating some very tasty and excellent food. Ask for Paolo, he has a very broad knowledge about wine and loves to share it. He is very patience and gives you a lot of additional information. They support you also in shipping wine home or overseas. The cellar is very nice and has a great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

1  Thank PunchBasel
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Reasonably good food, very simple desert menu however. Great wine selection. Excellent service. For the area quite economical

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Montepulciano and they were very accomadating even though we ended up having a bigger party than we expected! Amazing food and great staff who even helped us pick out our wine! Beautiful atmosphere as well.

1  Thank Caitlin L