“my favourite place for pici pasta”

La Bottega del Nobile
Reserve with
La Bottega del Nobile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In our wine-shop you can find more than 300 labels of Tuscan wine, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, Morellino di Scansano, Bolgheri, Vernaccia di San Gimignano and Super Tuscans. Furthermore it's possible to taste more than 50 wines and typical Tuscan food. Among the appetizers, you can find a selection of cold meats and cheeses made by local producers. Our handmade pasta is "pici" with cheese and pepper, garlic and tomato sauce and some with meat and tomato sauce. Among our second courses you can have beef from the chianina breed and meat from the cinta senese pig.
Montepulciano, Italy
“my favourite place for pici pasta”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a dinner at la bottega during hotesst summer and we choose a table down in the cellar which was very pleasant and cool. A huge selections of wine from the region of Siena is almost overwhelming but if you like you can try all most all of them by buying a "wine card".
My focus was the food: I had a pici pasta with pecorino and peper (caccio e pepe) a simple yet tasty dish, pasta it self was excellent - home made, hand made, uneven and perfectly cooked. For the second: a chianina beef slices in nobile wine sausce - good but not exciting.
I will be back to try other pasta dishes, as so far this is my fav spot for pici.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank kingusia30

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Lovely dinner in a summer night”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

During our stay we had a lovely outdoor dinner in this wine bar. They have only two tables set on the street in front of the wine bar/store so this was an intimate setting.
We had a delicious dinner with crostini, pasta and a delicious florentina steak cooked to perfection. The service was very nice and we could order wine by the glass and so test different very good Toscany wines. Especialy the brunello was very very good. Don't miss this nice place for dinner or for wine purchase: www.vinonobile.eu

Pescara, Italy
“the right place to taste all the wine you have in mind for a good price”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

this place has something new in all the region... a new way to pay the right price for the wine you taste: take your prepaid card - serve by yourself the right quantity of wine you want to taste from the several dispensers, in which you can find also rare quality of Brunello, Nobile, etc...
it is recommended also for the meat "Fiorentina" but you have to reserve your menu at least 1 day in advance.

1 Thank Appkiller
Piermont, New York
“Wonderful Wine Resource”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Trip Advisor would not allow me to enter this as an attraction, only as a restaurant. I cannot review the food, as we did not take advantage of the food and wine pairing dinner. Instead, we stopped in the shop midday to purchase wine to be shipped home to the US.

The selection here is fabulous, nearly every Tuscan producer you can think of, with a variety to suit every price level. Paolo was wonderful with his help, taking us throughout the store, including the lower wine caves. He offered us many samples, explaining each as we went along, letting us know how long we might want to cellar each. He was patient with our questions as we tried to track down a wine we had bought a few years ago--and was successful in his search.

There are many wine shops in Montepulciano. This is our second time dealing with this one, in four years. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to understand more about Tuscan wine. As Paolo says, wine is his passion, and his life.

2 Thank Pat E
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food and great service!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was going to skip dinner all together and I'm really glad I didn't. Walking through Montepulciano, I saw this little place, which looked to only have 2 outdoor tables. Downstairs in this rustic tavern sort of look is a great little restaurant with amazing food and great personality.

My only complaint about the food, was the bread. Other than that, I had the most amazing homemade pasta.

I would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2012