Our first stay was in 2004 on the advice of someone on slowtrav.com . This was to be our first time for a week in the countryside of southern Tuscany (yet only down the road to Montepulciano and other places). We loved it and returned in 2007 and again in early sept of this year. Apts. are reasonably priced, lovely and immaculately clean, with all the comforts of home. Comfortable beds/soft sheets, sattelite TV, computer access or wifi for your laptop and much more. Host Nico Pannevis is multilingual, gracious and enthusiastic about making his guests at home in this beautiful country resort. For easy access to the gorgeous Val dOrcia and it's many hilltop towns, this location is terrific. We traveled for many years throughout Italy and this is one of our favs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year old converted monastery situated in the heart of the Tuscan country side, a short 3 km drive from the historic Renaissance town of Montepulciano renowned for its wines, olive oil, local cuisine and culture. Sant' Antonio is converted into spacious unique accommodations with wonderful views of the Valdichiana and lakes on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. This historic structure is located on over 70 hectares of gardens with terraces, biological farm land and forests with a private 2 mile walking and running trail that has breathtaking views past each corner... Sant' Antonio is ideally located close to Montepulciano where numerous local restaurants, coffee bars, enotecas, artesian shops and supermarkets are situated as well as to visit towns and medieval villages such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Cortona, Cetona, San Quirico, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Arezzo, Orvieto.... And many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano