This was our third visit to Southern Tuscany, so we were well familiar with the area. We chose Sant' Antonio for its fantastic location outside of Montepulciano with an easy access to the perched villages of Val d'Orcia; magnificent countryside; less than an hour's drive to Siena, and equally easy access to important towns in Umbria. We also chose Sant' Antonio based upon recommendations of friends, who return again and again. We spent a week at Sant' Antonio in late May and enjoyed every minute of our stay.
We stayed in apartment 9, Giotto. It is a lovely, nicely furnished and very comfortable apartment; a spacious living room with a fireplace (came quite handy during a few chilly evenings); bedroom with beautiful antique furniture, orthopedic mattress and quality linen sheets, and a totally upgraded, modern bathroom with a freestanding tub, stall shower, double sinks, and lots of fluffy towels. The kitchen is fully equipped for those who wish to cook. Unlike other self-catering accommodations, bed linen and towels are changed mid-week and there is a daily trash removal from the apartment.
The property itself is quintessential Tuscany with rows and rows of olive trees, rolling hills, drop-dead gorgeous views, picnic table and benches, and a large swimming pool with lounge chairs all around. There is a security gate so one can feel comfortable that only guests of the resort are on premises at all times.
The owner Nico is a very gracious and welcoming host, and will go out of his way to assist with reservations, touring ideas and directions, "absolutely anything" (quoting Nico here :) one may need during one's stay. In this sense, Sant' Antonio is no different from a full service hotel, only better. Nico's wife Irene and his staff members, Susanna and Leo, are the kindest people and are there to make certain that all guests have the time of their lives.
And we certainly did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year old converted monastery situated in the heart of the Tuscan country side, a short 3 km drive from the historic Renaissance town of Montepulciano renowned for its wines, olive oil, local cuisine and culture. Sant' Antonio is converted into spacious unique accommodations with wonderful views of the Valdichiana and lakes on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. This historic structure is located on over 70 hectares of gardens with terraces, biological farm land and forests with a private 2 mile walking and running trail that has breathtaking views past each corner... Sant' Antonio is ideally located close to Montepulciano where numerous local restaurants, coffee bars, enotecas, artesian shops and supermarkets are situated as well as to visit towns and medieval villages such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Cortona, Cetona, San Quirico, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Arezzo, Orvieto.... And many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. and Agoda so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano