I have been staying at Sant Antonio for 14 years now, and still I am blown away by its beauty and excellent standards every time I visit.
This is a 12th century monastery set in olive groves with a beautiful swimming pool. It is split into 13 very tastefully done apartments all with cooking facilities.
The surroundings are peaceful with stunning views over the Tuscan countryside. The local towns are a delight, the nearest being Montepulciano which has loads of great restaurants and shops.
Must visits are Bagno Vignoni and do try and eat at La Porta in nearby Monticchiello.
The big plus is the owner Nico and his family live on site, and they are always there for advice and problems.
Really cannot rate Sant Antonio highly enough, just brilliant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year old converted monastery situated in the heart of the Tuscan country side, a short 3 km drive from the historic Renaissance town of Montepulciano renowned for its wines, olive oil, local cuisine and culture. Sant' Antonio is converted into spacious unique accommodations with wonderful views of the Valdichiana and lakes on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. This historic structure is located on over 70 hectares of gardens with terraces, biological farm land and forests with a private 2 mile walking and running trail that has breathtaking views past each corner... Sant' Antonio is ideally located close to Montepulciano where numerous local restaurants, coffee bars, enotecas, artesian shops and supermarkets are situated as well as to visit towns and medieval villages such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Cortona, Cetona, San Quirico, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Arezzo, Orvieto.... And many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano