This is our second stay at Sant' Antonio - and Nico and his team once again met all of our expectations!
We stayed in the Michaelangelo suite (2 bed, 2 bathroom) with our own private garden complete with 2 day beds and a garden setting for lunch or dinner outside - or just laying around. The pool area is great - too cold for us to swim this time. We even saw the local shooting game on the property when we went for a walk across the expansive grounds.
Suzanna's home cooked dinner (once a week) was fabulous and we got to meet other travelers.....
Nico will book the local restaurants for you, just so you don't miss out.
This trip, we were pleased to see upgrades to wifi and the tvs (not that we watched it) but the wifi was a godsend for busy execs trying to get away for a week.... Nico has also updated his own 'locale' map - with towns and restaurants he and his family like to visit.
I'd recommend it anytime.... It has the right mix of Italian family values and access to upmarket dining close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year old converted monastery situated in the heart of the Tuscan country side, a short 3 km drive from the historic Renaissance town of Montepulciano renowned for its wines, olive oil, local cuisine and culture. Sant' Antonio is converted into spacious unique accommodations with wonderful views of the Valdichiana and lakes on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. This historic structure is located on over 70 hectares of gardens with terraces, biological farm land and forests with a private 2 mile walking and running trail that has breathtaking views past each corner... Sant' Antonio is ideally located close to Montepulciano where numerous local restaurants, coffee bars, enotecas, artesian shops and supermarkets are situated as well as to visit towns and medieval villages such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Cortona, Cetona, San Quirico, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Arezzo, Orvieto.... And many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano