My wife and I stayed at Sant'Antonio for five days on our recent honeymoon in Italy. Nico, the owner, was amazing, and helped us tremendously both prior to our stay and after our arrival in Montepulciano. We rented one of Nico's apartments inside the Montepulciano city walls. The one-bedroom apartment was absolutely gorgeous. Everything was recently redone, and every detail was perfect. The apartment was very spacious. Our favorite part was the beautiful terrace that overlooks the Tuscan countryside. We spent many afternoons having an apertivo, as we gazed at the beautiful rolling hills and vineyards below.
In addition to being a great host, we also learned that Nico is a former runner and currently coaches elite runners. As avid (although ameteur) runners ourselves, this was great to know. We really enjoyed discussing running with Nico and truly appreciated his tips on running routes around Montepulciano. One morning we ran along a trail from Montepulciano to the neighboring town of Montechiello. It was truly one of the most scenic runs we have ever taken. Montepulciano (and specifically Sant'Antonio) is a great place to visit if you are like us and enjoy getting in a beautiful run on your vacation.
We can't say enough about how wonderful our time was in Montepulciano, which was due in no small part to Nico and his wonderful apartment. We highly recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year old converted monastery situated in the heart of the Tuscan country side, a short 3 km drive from the historic Renaissance town of Montepulciano renowned for its wines, olive oil, local cuisine and culture. Sant' Antonio is converted into spacious unique accommodations with wonderful views of the Valdichiana and lakes on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. This historic structure is located on over 70 hectares of gardens with terraces, biological farm land and forests with a private 2 mile walking and running trail that has breathtaking views past each corner... Sant' Antonio is ideally located close to Montepulciano where numerous local restaurants, coffee bars, enotecas, artesian shops and supermarkets are situated as well as to visit towns and medieval villages such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Cortona, Cetona, San Quirico, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Arezzo, Orvieto.... And many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano