Hubby and I spent an outstanding week in March 2012 at Sant' Antonio. The property is beyond beautiful, Nico and Elena are fabulous hosts, and the apartment was comfortable and well stocked. We stayed in the Signorelli cottage and were lucky with the weather conditions -- we were able to enjoy throwing open the beautiful big windows during the day to let the breeze blow in and snuggle with the fire at night. Great location to make home base and explore the charming hill towns that surround the area (which we did). Nico gave us two restaurant recommendations (Restaurante La Briciola and Ai Quattro Venti), both of which were outstanding. There is also a very nice little family-run pizza place just down the road from Sant' Antonio. The views from this property are unbeatable. Nico and Elena have done a wonderful job of creating an ambiance of true Tuscany with all the amenities one would expect in a high-end resort. We will be recommending the property to friends and family headed to the Tuscany region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year old converted monastery situated in the heart of the Tuscan country side, a short 3 km drive from the historic Renaissance town of Montepulciano renowned for its wines, olive oil, local cuisine and culture. Sant' Antonio is converted into spacious unique accommodations with wonderful views of the Valdichiana and lakes on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. This historic structure is located on over 70 hectares of gardens with terraces, biological farm land and forests with a private 2 mile walking and running trail that has breathtaking views past each corner... Sant' Antonio is ideally located close to Montepulciano where numerous local restaurants, coffee bars, enotecas, artesian shops and supermarkets are situated as well as to visit towns and medieval villages such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Cortona, Cetona, San Quirico, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Arezzo, Orvieto.... And many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano