I rented a house near Montepulciano and had to find a hotel for relatives to use during their visit. I had considered Il Marzocco for a travel tour I had organized several years ago and so I booked them into the hotel for two nights. To my delight they found the hotel perfect. I really does represent the fine quality you can find in small family-owned hotels. They were able to look at several rooms before choosing one with a panoramic view of the Tuscan countryside. They commented that the shower was excellent with plenty of hot water and for two days they could order scrambled eggs for breakfast! I think the best reviews come from family that you hoping will fall as much in love with Montepulciano and Italy as you are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Behind the Medicean column there is the Hotel Il Marzocco, the oldest in town. It was built in 1500 as a farm of the nearby convent. In 1860 it became a hotel and since the early 1900s it has been run by the same family. The hotel looks like a large house where the atmosphere of the old times is still kept. Its bedrooms open on wide lounges that, like the reading room and the sitting room, are furnished with genuine XIX century pieces. Some bedrooms have balconies or terraces with a view on the valleys, other ones have their windows over the Renaissance houses of the old town. The hotel has had important guests like actors, writers, politicians, all of whom are fond of the great view from its terraces. A free parking area is available, as well as comfortable relaxing spaces and a wide dining room where breakfast is served from a rich buffet with home-made bread and cakes, jams and pies. Among the roses of the garden, the Canada creeper climbs until the terraces and creates a pergola up to the roof, at first green in summer, than all red in September and yellow during the autumn. Red geraniums at the windows, together with the old lace curtains, add to the building a perfectly romantic touch. Wi-Fi Connection. We accept pets. Free Indoor garage for motorbikes and bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Albergo Il Marzocco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Marzocco Montepulciano
- Il Marzocco Hotel Montepulciano