“Best view in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria del Borgo

Osteria del Borgo
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Reservation is highly recommended especially for the terrace in summertime and in general for christmas markets
“Best view in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I lived in Montepulciano for 5 weeks this summer for classes. I also traveled all over Tuscany in that time. Of everywhere I ate,
This was the most beautiful view. I can't rate the food, because I only had a glass of wine (Brunello! Molto bene!) and a cheese plate (which was also the best of the many cheeses I had on my trip). My only regret is that I didn't discover this place until the last day of my trip. Go around sunset and sit outside, but expect a wait, or opt to get there right at opening time, skip the wait, and afterwards head down the road to your left as you exit. Go straight on it past the laundry, and you'll find a place where you can stand for another excellent view of the sunset.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ArwenRose

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Came back for the food and wine (didn't realise there was a view - it was wet)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Scrumptious food. A bit more expensive than other Tuscan meals we have had but worth the extra Euro. Wonderful wine recommendations. Great with kids - lots of tasty Pici options for them. Loads of Truffle for us.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank FiStu B
Virginia
“Great views, great food, great wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

It was a slightly rainy day which resulted in us eating inside the restaurant. The seating area is large with a main level, a lower level, and a terrace. The views out back are of the Tuscan country side - gorgeous. My wife had a vegetable soup to start and she didn't stop raving about it all meal! My food was above average. I had very large homemade raviolis stuffed with a potato filling and mixed bruschette. The wine list was great and prices were slightly above average. Good stop at the top of montepulciano.

• Visited November 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Good but too expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went for dinner with the recommendation for our hotel. The fresh truffles and porcini mushrooms were fabulous! The steak, good, but not near as large as was stated by the staff. This was the most expensive meal we had while in Italy, which is hard to believe as we went to other locations with amazing views for less. The service was good, but I got the feeling they think all tourist are willing to pay large amounts of Euro's for average food. We will not go there if we are in the area next year!

• Visited October 2013
Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
“Go for the view, stay for the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place was recommended by our hotel and turned out to be very good. Be warned, though. It's at the very top of Montepulciano and is quite a hike if you're walking up from the old city gate area. There are basically four areas in the establishment where one could eat, outside the front door on the main square of the old town, a cozy main floor, an even cozier downstairs, and an outdoor terrace in the back. Opt for the outdoor terrace, even if you have to wait! The view of the valley below is spectacular. We also happened to be there at sunset, which was out over the valley and made the view all the more beautiful. For a first plate, the pici (fat spaghetti) with duck sauce was both unique and tasty. My second plate was the tagliata steak with rosemary. Like all the beef I had in Tuscany, it was excellent. Nice wine list including many local offerings. Our favorite part: undoubtedly the view. Least favorite: the large group of Americans whose loud conversation dominated the entire terrace that evening. That obviously wasn't the fault of the restaurant, so overall I recommend Osteria del Borgo.

• Visited August 2013