“Yes”

Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Unassuming, friendly, humble, good food and good service at a reasonable price. Very good for vegetarian / pescatarian eaters.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant while walking the streets of montepulciano and what a find.

As a family we each ordered a pasta dish. We had pici cace e pepe, gnocchi with zucchini pesto and pancetta and pappardelle with Sugo. The gnocchi were so light and fluffy, the best we have eaten in Tuscany.

Would highly recommend this restaurant not only for food and wine but also the friendly homely service.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We took a day trip to Montepulciano and stopped at this restaurant for lunch. It was a lovely day and we sat at a table outside. The inside looks quite nice as well. Our server was a young lady who was absolutely wonderful. She helped us with our choices, went over the menu with us, and made the whole experience even better. First we shared a plate of six kinds of the local pecorino cheese, with local honey and homemade jam. She brought out the tray, which had the six different kinds laid out in a wheel pattern, and told us to eat "from here to here", as the taste grew stronger with each one. Each was delicious. We tried them plain, with honey, and with jam to see the differences each time. My husband had a bowl of ribollita, a Tuscan white bean and black cabbage soup that has chunks of bread in it. He loved that soup more than anything else he ate during our entire time in Italy. I had the gnocchi. I have tried gnocchi once or twice before and never really liked it, but I thought maybe in Italy...well, it turns out I just don't like it. But they had prepared it nicely with tomatoes, mint, and salted ricotta and I did eat some of it. The wine that was suggested was delicious and complemented our meal well. We told our server how much my husband loved the soup and she said, "So easy!" and told me how to make it. She said the only problem I would have would be finding something like their local black cabbage. This was a wonderful dining experience and I would definitely recommend it to all!

1  Thank indianacato
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have eaten here on several occasions. Weather permitting, we always sit outside to enjoy the ambience of the hill town. The food is always plentiful, well prepared and delicious. The kind folks are helpful and always accommodating.

1  Thank OzzieMarie
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This caffe was just down the street from my accommodation, and as such, was frequented on more than one occasion. It offers inside and street-side dining. It is a family owned and run caffe, with warm and friendly service, and very tasty dishes. I highly rate their tiramisu too :-)

1  Thank RicksWorld