“A great meal”

Ranked #11 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Arrived at the restaurant just after 7:00PM and scored an outside table with no reservation. We shared an assorted cheese platter along with entrees of salmon and beef filet and everything was delicious. The recommended Vino Nobile was reasonably priced at $25E and complimented the cheese and entrees. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert.

The service was very cordial though a bit slow at this family run restaurant. This was no problem for us, however, as we enjoyed all of our time in this beautiful town.

Reservations are recommended as the restaurant filled quickly after its 7:00PM opening.

There are newer reviews for La Pentolaccia

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped in here randomly and had a great lunch! Started with the caprese salad and it had the best tasting tomatoes that I have eaten in years! Then we both had the homemade tagliatelle with porcini mushroom sauce. Delicious!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wonderful food. Great Vegetarian options - we had beans soup, tuscan tomato soup, and sphagetti with vegetables which was a delight. Very friendly staff but as mentioned by others, run by a single person - so service can take a while, but definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We went to La Pentolaccia for lunch at the recommendation of Stefania, our host at Villa Poggiano. Terrific pasta and very fresh seafood. Evertying was tasty. Also a very good wine list. The restaurant is run by a single woman, so service can take a while, but it's worth it.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

La Pentolaccia was one of the restaurants recommended by my Montepulciano Hotel. I liked it so much I visited it a few times during my 3 week stay. Christiana, one of the owners is the" front office" person and is a lovely warm person, In addition to normal regional Tuscan cuisine the restaurant also has extensive seafood options. My favourites were the Pasta with Duck Ragu and the Grilled Prawns. They also have a good wine list including wines from other regions.
I can recommend the Santa Maria La Palma - Aragosta Vermentino Di Sardegna 2011, which is a very pleasant reasonably priced wine and went perfectly with the Prawns.
I rate this as one of the best casual restaurants I visited in the Montepulciano area.