“Just heavenly”

Agriturismo il Palazzo dei Diavoli
Sydney, Australia
“Just heavenly”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our week in Il Sorbo was one of the best experiences of our six week trip to Europe (and probably several previous trips as well). The accommodation is first class - comfortable, private and functional - and the location, with sweeping views, is amazing. There are barbecues and several lovely outdoor eating areas. You are conveniently close to Montepulciano, but at the same time, in a peaceful rural setting, surrounded by vines, olives, fruit trees and farms. Pecorino cheese is sold at several farm gates nearby - very good!

But it is the warm welcome and generous hospitality of Teresa which really sets this agriturismo apart. Not only did she provide us with useful maps and plenty of information/recommendations about the surrounding area (in very good English) but she went out of her way to see that all our needs were met. Truly a blissful week!

Room Tip: Having Il Sorbo for just a couple meant that we could use the second bedroom as a sitting room - and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
diavoli_11, Proprietario at Agriturismo il Palazzo dei Diavoli, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Thank so much!
My English is no so good or perfect as to make me write all i would and so i can't only write
thank again and ..really ...... i can and i want to.. reccomend you as " very perfect guests" !!!
It is uncommun to meet guest so kind , so polite , so quiet !!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wien
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had the pleasure and luck to meet Teresa, who saved our holiday (as our first choice somewhere else was a dissapointing experience). Teresa offered us a lovely, heartly, clean, wonderful stay. Teresa, Rita and Paola are wonderful people with special characters and big hearts. They are supporting homeless animals and do all they can to be of a help for others. We felt welcome and they cared for us like for family members.........and so we can only recommend to everyone to book "Il pallazzo dei diavoli", if a fantastic view, a wonderful private and clean place with lovely hospitality is needed. We found some angels there, not diavoli at all!!! :-)
We will always keep Teresa, Rita and Paola in our hearts and thank them for a wonderful holiday!!! One day we will return to you again!
With all our respect !!!!
Camelia & Daniel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
diavoli_11, Proprietario at Agriturismo il Palazzo dei Diavoli, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank so much !
Also you , Camelia and Daniel , were very perfect and lovely guests !!
Thank to your review , you advertised another our tipycal aspect : to look after the animals!!
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for only 4 nights in May. It was definitely not long enough!!! My husband and I couldn't of asked for a better place. Teresa was an amazing host..so helpful from the beginning and when we were there as well. We stayed in Il Gelso. It was perfect. The bed extremely comfortable. Bathroom large and the whole apartment was very clean. The grounds very breathtaking and beautiful! Everywhere you look it's stunning! Between her vineyards, fig trees, and olive groves it's like being in a movie how serene it was. So peaceful... We highly recommend it for several reasons. No one will be disappointed here. Montepulciano was a charming, quaint town. Amazing restaurants and very friendly people. We will return one day and hopefully be able to stay a lot longer!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
diavoli_11, Proprietario at Agriturismo il Palazzo dei Diavoli, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank ...!
Montepulciano , Il Palazzo dei diavoli and me are very satisfied with your memories !!!
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Salient points to describe this B&B.
1) Beautiful landscape view to wake up in the morning to.
2) La Camelia room is serene, private, very clean and tidy.
3) Although travelling into the estate might be a little challenging at first without a GPS (recommend to buy 3G SIM card from TIM service provider if you have smart phone with google maps like iPhone), you won't miss it once Teresa gives you the lowdown on how to drive back! ;)
4) Breakfast was simple but delicious. Tip~Ask Teresa for her homemade jam!
5) At dusk, sit on the swing and enjoy the Tuscan sunset.
6) Excellent close proximity to neighbouring historical cities/sites such as Pienza, Montefollonico (Ristorante 13 Gobbi!), Monte Oliveto Maggiore Abbey (Gregorian Chanting!) Montalcino, Chianciano, Val d'Orcia, etc.

The list goes on.. but all these would not have been made more enjoyable without Palazzo il Diavoli's owner, Teresa. Wife and I had an incredible 4 days there, enjoying every single moment because Teresa made it so easy for us. Ever so helpful and with a stack of translation dictionaries (english, spanish, etc etc), Teresa's sunny and friendly personality made us feel very much at home. :)

Thank You Teresa!

Room Tip: Just insist on liasing with Teresa, she will help you!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to read your review!!
thank thank you again and .......I hope to see you again in a next future :) !!
Manchester
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This beautiful agriturismo is set just below the town of Montepulciano and within the vineyards & olive groves of the farm. The pheasants calling in the wild lent an amazing air of country reality. We could watch the flocks of sheep graze in the distance on neighboring farm meadows. Even enjoy wine on the deck at dusk as the lights came on across the valley. Teresa was a wonderful hostess, giving us a lot of local information. The rooms were very comfortable & well appointed. We can't wait to return!

Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I highly recommend this beautiful farm house stay in Montepulciano Italy...quiet .paradise . The host, Teresa, is so very kind and goes beyond measure to make sure that your stay there is wonderful. I was traveling solo in March of 2012 and missed all of my trains and buses to Montepulciano because of a 7 hour flight delay in Germany. I also did not have a car. Teresa and her husband drove over 25 K to pick me up at a little train station at 11:00 pm . ( as there were no more buses at that time of night) I can't tell you how grateful I was to have such a kind welcome, warm hugs, and help in getting to my final destination after two long days of traveling from Montana, USA. !!!! When I arrived, she made sure that I had fresh bread, her homemade jam, a glass of her own wine . Her farm house is in a beautiful quiet setting with outstanding views of rolling Tuscan hills,vineyards, and the hilll town of Montepulciano. My apartment had a private entry, lovely views and was clean and nicely furnished. If you do not have a car, the farm house is in walking distance of Montepulciano and one can easily get to the bus station to travel to other towns like Sienna and Pienza and major cities like Florence and Rome. My only regret is that I did not stay longer ! I will surely come back again and visit. It was my favorite stay on my two week trip to Italy.Thank you !!!!

Room Tip: woops...I rated the " swimming pool" as excellent...but there is not a pool. All of the a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
diavoli_11, Proprietario at Agriturismo il Palazzo dei Diavoli, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you !!!!
Your review is wonderful and very helpful !!!
In fact my greatest wish is always to make my guests feel at home and you confirm me that is really important!!
The location , the beauty of landscape ..and certainly a pool .... are important but never as a host
family.
London, UK
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the Palazzo Dei Diavoli in the La Camelia room for two nights in September 2011. Theresa couldn't have been a more welcoming host, giving us lots of sightseeing tips for the area (including visits to local vineyards and monasteries). The room was superb and the terrace in front was the perfect place to have a glass of wine and eat take-away pizza! Although the town is very close, we wouldn't recommend attempting to walk all the way there during the day (as it can get very hot on the road), and at night be sure to take a torch since the pathways are not very well lit! All in all, a memorable stay, and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
diavoli_11, Proprietario at Agriturismo il Palazzo dei Diavoli, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank so much !!!