“Great wine and great hosts - make a reservation to be sure of tour and tasting”
Review of Az. Agr. Poliziano

Az. Agr. Poliziano
More attraction details
Owner description: TRUE TASTE OF TUSCANY
aberdeen
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The wine here is excellent and can be shipped abroad. An easy drive from most areas in Tuscany it is well worth marking up as a trip to do. Fabio and Jenny will advise you during the tasting and you will be able to taste a full range of wine. Your hosts make you feel very welcome. No pressure to buy wine and our boys were treated warmly.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sc0ts_away

Ottawa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent winery experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Echoing the last review, my wife and I, with a small group of other guests, were given a tour by Jeniffer who gave an excellent overview of the winery and the wine-making process, Afterwards, we were met by Fabio who gave us an enthusiastic and super knowledgeable vertical tasting of all their wines -- from their table wine (Rosso) to their high end reserves.

Having been to many wineries both in the immediate region and Montalcino, I can attest that this was one of the better wine tours and tasting experiences for the following reasons:

First, on a practical level, the winery offered the tour and tasting, including an assortment of snacks for free - not all wineries do this for no cost. In fact, most wineries do charge, and most do not offer their full vertical selection of wines that Poliziano offered us. As a point in contrast, my wife and I went to La Braccesca winery last fall in the same area, not only did they offer us only their lower-end wines, they charged us what I would consider an exorbitant amount for the wine, which only costs them pennies. Talk about leaving a sour taste in ones mouth!

The second reason I would encourage a visit to Poliziano, and perhaps the most important, the wines are really good. And here let me return to point #1, by offering us their full range of wines to taste, it not only left us with a very positive impression of the winery, it encouraged us to purchase their wines, which we did. This goes to the old adage that sometimes you need to spend a little to make a lot. Poliziano obviously gets it; by offering an excellent tour and wine tasting experience they are making back their money in spades due to good publicity and enthusiastic followers.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank DavidOttawa13
Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best wine in Tuscany”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My visit here was with a small group of 14. We were met by Jenny and Fabio who were excellent hosts. Jenny, although being from the states, was very knowledgeable of the wine making process of this winery. She gave us a very comprehensive tour and was so sweet to share some of her experiences in the area since moving to Italy.
We were served a delicious lunch with incredible wine pairings with each course.
My husband and I purchased a nice selection of the wines and can't wait to receive them!
This is a more contemporary style winery than the expected old world charm of others in the region but it did not lack in warmth and hospitality. One of the highlights of our trip.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Lynne S
Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beyond expectations”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The best wine we tasted while in Italy, and we had quite a bit! Very helpful and informative even if you are only a novice. And yes, they speak excellent English. I learned more during this tasting then any other I had ever been on. Beautiful set up for tasting in a cozy, relaxed atmosphere. Jenny was so warm and personable...truly added to a wonderful experience. I look forward to returning!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank truetoherself
fort worth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ugly location”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

in the midsty of sensational countryside this company errect a 1970s style building with little taste and respect for the village nearby. The wine was not very good either and the staff was unpolite.

Visited September 2012