“One of our favorite stops”
Review of Avignonesi

Avignonesi
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit Avignonesi, where our motto is "terroir speaks; we listen." Visit our cellars, taste our wines, talk to our people, learn about the philosophy behind our winemaking. Please contact us by email with any questions. Reservations are necessary for tours but not to taste our wines and make your purchases in our Cellar Door!
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great and interesting wine tour, fabulous lunch and wine pairing. We have done many wine tours and almost did not do this one. Glad we did it as it was very interesting! Can't wait to get the wine we ordered.

1  Thank lsanborn

Reviewed April 15, 2013

A great wine tour, so informative and provided a great introduction to the wine tasting lunch. We were extremely impressed by the lunch. The food was delicious, the portions a great size and the wine tasting servings were very generous. We tried many wines all paired with great food. My favourite was the desert paired with Vin santo... Heaven!!! Great service with a smile and all very affordable!! Book a table on the terrace for an extra special view.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Do not miss this! The tour is fascinating and the wine tasting lunch is worth every Euro. Our tour guide was delightful and informative. As an amateur gardner, I loved hearing about the organic farming practices used in the vineyards. My husband, two young adult sons and I were served a 4 course meal by articulate and educated waiters. The wine pairings were varied and our waiters made sure we understood the different options. The olive oil is as delicious as the food and wine. It was a damp, chilly spring day so our table in front of the well-tended fire was perfect. On our trip home we all agreed that this was our favorite day in Tuscany.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

In March, 2013 I returned to Avignonesi for the fourth time. Even after listening to 4 different tour guides, I learned something new each time. Each guide had their own special and interesting way of presenting the information. Twice I have eaten lunch there and both times it was amazing. I can still smell the fresh bread just out of the oven. The wine is excellent and the entire winery is innovative and a place of high integrity in the way they produce the wine and care for the land. The staff is friendly, informative and clearly very proud of their products. They have a very modern gift shop and welcoming center, beautiful spaces for wine tastings and lunch and ...fabulously clean toilettes! Since I am in charge of groups ranging in size from 6-18, this is very important! I am in Italy once or twice a year and Avignonesi is always on the itinerary.

1  Thank kjcb
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent a wonderful afternoon at Avignonesi where we booked a food and wine tasting. We started with a tour of the vineyard and learned lots about the wine-making process and the history of the vineyard. Then we had a delicious three-course vegetarian lunch with wine pairing over looking the rolling hillside and the vineyards own organic herb garden.

2  Thank van2008