“Must order the Briciola pici!”

Ristorante La Briciola
Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ristorante tipico toscano a gestione familiare, siamo in Via delle Cantine, una delle vie più caratteristiche di Montepulciano. Alfredo e Andrea vi aspettano per darvi un assaggio di vera Toscana e soprattutto di tradizione Poliziana. Le nostre specialità sono: il Briciolone, un antipasto misto che ormai ha conquistato migliaia di cuori. I Pici: gli spaghettoni fatti a mano con acqua e farina da fare alla Briciole, Aglione, Ragù o al Cocciaccio (un ragù di carne di maiale speziato). Non dimentichiamo i secondi piatti della tradizione, una Trippa alla toscanaccia, il Peposo, le tagliate e la regina della brace: la bistecca alla Fiorentina. Vi aspettiamo con una bella scelta di vini con priorità assoluta su Montepulciano e le piccole aziende del territorio italiano.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our villa owner highly recommended this restaurant to us and we weren't disappointed.

We had the riboletta soup (Tuscan soup with chunks of soggy bread), Briciola pici (fat pasta with spicy breadcrumbs), steak and then finished with panacotta with fresh berries. It was all delicious!

I'll admit that at first we thought that the waiter (the owner's son) was being a little flippant, borderline rude with us, however as the meal progressed he seemed to warm up and we ended up having really good service. He even recommended a few other places to visit in town.

Overall, it was a wonderful meal in a relaxed place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The price is right, but portion size and the ridiculous coperto (approximately 30% of the price of the meal!) isn't. Actually, La Briciola is not the cheapest restaurant that I found in Montepulciano while in town last weekend...but it was the only restaurant that had a seat available for my friend and I to take a quick lunch before heading to Lucca for the night. We were both in the mood for ribollita, and had quite large expectations (or at least expectations to get a decent portion of soup for 7 euros a bowl. Instead, we were given roughly a cup of under-seasoned soup accompanied by a basket of soapy, dry white bread. In the end, we had to ask for a bottle of chili oil to pour over the ribollita just so we had something tasty in our mouths. By the end of our "meal", we were glad that we had eaten plenty of free bruschette with the wine tastings around town prior to finding La Briciola... And, to add insult to injury, we received a sad gift with our receipt: a coperto that was approximately 30% of the total bill. I didn't realize serving two cups of soup required such cover charge (don't believe me? email me and ask me for the copy of my receipt!). On a positive note, I must admit that the service was fine and the energy was positive. The decoration was typical and a bit cheap, but that was to be expected in that price range. I definitely wouldn't go again- next time I'll just eat more free food and drink more glasses of free wine at one of the many enoteca/ wine shops on the main street of town!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Everyone should try their pici (special local pasta) with briciola (spicy bread crumbs). It sounds strange but it is magical and must be a local dish because I haven't seen it in other areas of Italy.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

as the firts place recommended by the Trip advisor
for dinner and where we have made a reservation
had no atmosphere and no attention by the waiters
we've walked out and found next door this small
reataurant. The food was very tasty the wine
tasting with different local wines was excellent
The service sometimes unsmooth, but charming

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were recommended to this restaurant by one of the owners of a local winery. It was our last night in town and it couldn't have been better. The father/son team of Alfredo and Andrea made it very special. There recommendations for entrees and wine was spot on. And, their service was great, not to fast, not to slow, just a leisurely pace, like an Italian dinner should be!