“got to go here....”

Enoteca La Dolce Vita
Ranked #25 of 98 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“got to go here....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our group of two couples were walking the streets looking for a place to relax...and try out
some good wine...La Dolce Vita was right there saying to us Come In....we had a good time
wining and eating and getting to know Christian...the personality who helped us to enjoy
our visit...we had lots of fun and went back the next day....

Visited April 2013
1 Thank paul g

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Not a great place to buy wine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Nice looking place, but we were basically ripped off on our wine purchase. The gentleman, who was nice to us when we arrived, quoted me a price for a local Montepulciano wine that we could drink with our dinner that evening. Then he proceeded to withhold 2 euros from the change he gave me, even t.hough the receipt he handed me quoted the original price. I'm sure he noticed I was a tourist, and basically thought I wouldn't notice the difference. I don't know about you, but I basically do my best to never support these type of businesses. Even though 2 euros is no big deal, to me this is not a great way to run a business.

6 Thank MichaelDTC
“Commercial gain above customer satisfaction!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stopped by here a couple of times during the week for a glass or two of white wine and were impressed with the choice per glass of reds available. One evening we popped back to try a glass of biondi santi @ 19 euros for a small glass.
The wine was not good, and extremely acidic, either corked or not well kept and oxidated. I approached the owner and explained that I felt that the glass was not good. He went in to a 10 minute discussion trying to persuade me they this was how it was meant to taste! He was Extremely arrogant stating he had been passionate about wine for all of 15 years and (was obviously) therefore an expert. Luckily there are enough people in montepulciano who do have an understanding of wine and are not just out for commercial gain unfortunately this place is not one of them. Wine in the shop is overpriced and can be bought a little further up the street for less. Shame because the female waitress was very friendly and helpfull, she looked almost embarrassed when the owner let me pay for the bad wine. Although he succeeded in selling a glass of vinegar for 19 euros once he therefore ensured that we did not revisit for the remainder of our holiday, commercially not the best decision in my opinion.

5 Thank N W
Clayton, California
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Food was great, very reasonable, good service, good ambiance, not expensive. Had appetizers, pasta, and a great wine selection.

Visited June 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent on every aspect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a stop there for a glass of wine before we head to another place for dinner.
Since we had a bit of time to go, we also decided to try their beef tartar....
That was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!
If it hadn't been for our reservation at the other place, we would have spent the evening there.
Wine list is impressive, as for the enoteca itself.
Service was great and bill, while not exactly cheap, was still decent.
Higly recommended stop!