“A stunning and unique experience”
Review of Palazzo Carletti

Palazzo Carletti
Ranked #7 of 43 Montepulciano B&B and Inns
Roswell, Georgia
“A stunning and unique experience”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Our stay in this town and certainly in this hotel was the highlight of our travel in Italy. This is a bed and breakfast with only 5 rooms, but it would be more aptly defined as a "palace and breakfast" experience. The beautifully designed modern bathroom was a surprising --and welcome touch-- in this 17th century nobleman's home

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Opionelcorso, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Palazzo Carletti, responded to this review, April 9, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a review about us, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced Palazzo Carletti at its best.
I hope you will return soon and that you will stay with us again!
The Manager

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We were in the midst of traveling around Northern Italy. We stumbled on Palazzo Carletti online while we were looking for a hotel to stay at that night in Montepulciano. They were very accommodating for our last minute booking and late arrival time. We stayed in the Suite Nerazzini which was beautiful.

Sometimes things don't go as planned! While we were eating at Ristorante Ai Quattro Venti, we ended up leaving the car keys at the table. This is not recommended on a Sunday night, as the restaurant is closed on Monday. The folks at Palazzo Carletti went out of their way to track down the owner of the restaurant and locate our keys. Problem solved!

I'd highly recommend staying here if you're in Montepulciano!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a review about Palazzo Carletti.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Palazzo Carletti we do our best to meet our Guests needs and provide the best customer service that our Guests deserves.
I hope you will return soon and that you will stay with us again!
The Manager
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Ok here is the deal:
Pros-
Small, beautiful, new, clean, quiet, great location, great bathrooms, comfortable beds.
Cons-
Not many...the parking is a little difficult, especially at night.

Dont stay here if you require someone on site at night, its not a full service hotel. However, Christian the host was there whenever we needed him, he gave us his cell phone number, and he could not have been more gracious. This place was awesome, if you're looking for the best place in Montepulciano (that I saw anyway) this is it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff32037
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Oh my goodness, what an unbelievable hotel. My husband and I spent two weeks travelling all over Italy. We mainly stayed in Hilton Hotels as we had accrued so many free nights. We decided to go off the beaten path to Montepulciano and I had no idea where a fun place to stay would be. I came across Palazzo Carletti and fell in love with the pictures. I thought it looked gorgeous and when we arrived the pictures could not due justice to the actual hotel. The hotel is situated on the main street in the heart of Montepulciano. We arrived at 9pm (tip, if you get there after 8pm its kind of a hassle because there is only one person working there and he usually leaves after 8pm). I didn't know but they request you check in before 8pm. We arrived by train (train station is definitely not within walking distance to the center of Montepulciano (its at least a 10-15 min taxi ride, 20 euros). We didn't know that it was so far so when we arrived we had no transportation (Montepulciano is a very small Tuscan town) so we called the hotel and the main keeper, Christian, was so nice and he called us a taxi. When we arrived Christian went out of his way to show us our room, explain the hotel (unlimited free movies on your flat screen, free internet on the tv..so cool, free delicious breakfast, and also recommended restaurants). I have traveled extensively for work and out of any hotel I've ever stayed in this is on the top of my list. It is not your typical grand ballroom type hotel, with a huge lobby, pools, spas, etc. It's small (I think 5 rooms), a main living rom, and thats all. I wouldn't classify it as a bed and breakfast. It's almost like you are staying in an old (but restored and beautiful) quarters in a castle. It is definitely a unique experience. Our room was gorgeous, decorated in pinks and purples. The room was HUGE and had an upstairs! I can't recommend this hotel more. If we get to go to Montepulciano again, I will definitely be staying longer here!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CANJ83
Auburn, Georgia
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I was looking forward to staying here because of the gorgeous rooms and history of the building. It was more than I could have expected. The view from our balcony was AMAZING! I truly felt like a princess. The service was great- everything in the minibar is included. The hotel remains true to its original character, while having modern ammenities and spa-like bathroom. I can't wait to go back. I will definitely plan on staying here for more than one night next time. This place is very romantic. I highly highly recommend Palazzo Carletti. The staff was very informative and friendly as well.

2 Thank bana3s
Sydney
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This place lives up to its name. You feel like you are staying in a palace, with ornate room furnishings and high frescoed ceilings. The rooms include luxury modern bathrooms, with fancy basins, rain shower, and lights that change colour for the added ambience. We also had a sauna. The rooms are equipped with new technology including CD player with Ipod dock, free internet (wifi or via internetTV), and a Nespresso machine. Minibar items were complimentary and they also included 15minutes of international calls free. Breakfast was great - fresh bread and croissants and a range of fruit. The staff treat you like royalty, and are very helpful. This was the most luxurious place we’ve stayed in, better than a 5 star hotel.

1 Thank Angela12000
CHARLOTTE
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in May 2010, a last minute choice as our original hotel had closed a few weeks before our trip. This small guesthouse was lovely. Our room was really opulent with an extremely comfortable bed (best in Europe for me!). The bathroom is amazing and then there was another enormous room that was a spa. The "spa" is a tiled steam shower room. Breakfast was good with fresh fruit, meat, cheese, bread, etc. Our room has a large wide screen tv with tv based internet that worked great. The minibar was included and restocked daily (never heard of this!) with good quality wine, champagne, and drinks. Andrea, who manages the place, was helpful with dinner reservations, suggesting a great restaurant for dinner. Also, as I found it hard to figure out where to park, he got in the car with to give us directions then walk us back to the place.

Overall - good service, intimate,brand new bathrooms/beds but in a lovely old palazzo with paintings everywhere. We loved it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple