“3rd Visit and still special”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montepulciano
Agriturismo La Falconara
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent a wonderful 5 days (too short) at La Falconara in early September and had a great time. Alex and Ingred are special people who make your stay feel like you are one of the family. My wife Alice and I love La Falconara and will continue to visit it as often as possible. This was our third visit in four years, so I am hopeful that we will go back again next year.
The apartments are equipped with everything you will need. The location is convenient to Montepulciano and several other hill towns are a short drive. Alex will provide you with many suggestions for day trips. This is the only place we will stay in Tuscany.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just left today after extending our trip an extra day so we had over a week in this tranquil paradise. Alex and Ingrid were the most gracious of hosts. We were made to feel like family and they did so much for us, we can never thank them enough. The rooms are very clean and much thought is given to what we would need. Everything from soaps to laundry detergents plus lots of cooking items as well as coffee, sugar, tea, olive oil and of course, wine! They made us an amazing dinner one night when my cousin and her husband arrived to share La Falconara with us.
Alex made his special pumpkin ravioli and we had some more of his delicious wine. Train and car reservations were made for us as well as maps to each town we would visit nearby. Alex recommended restaurants and places to go. We are already homesick and ready to return. Our 19 year old daughter enjoyed swimming and sunning by the pool. We played bocce on the grass.
Each apartment has a table outside as well as inside and we enjoyed many mornings with coffee and evenings watching the sunset. We also met other families by the pool and had a little get together with wine and appetizers in the evening.
We were truly blessed to spend time with this kind and loving couple and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in two of the apartments, each charming in its own way. But I think the center one had th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently stayed at La Falconara with two of my girlfriends. We traveled through Italy, celebrating my 30th birthday. Alex and Ingrid met us upon our arrival and were not only terrific hosts, but great companions as well. We stayed in the archi apartment. It had a wonderful little kitchen, and the grocery store was close by, so we cooked dinner in the apartment a couple of nights, and were able to have a nice breakfast in the mornings. Montepulciano is just a short drive up the hill and Sienna, Montalcino, Florence, and many other towns are within a short drive so it made it easy for us to take day trips throughout Tuscany. Our last night there, we had a cooking class/dinner with Alex and Ingrid, and another couple that was staying there. It was one of the BEST nights we had during our two week vacation through Italy. I can not emphasize enough how wonderful the grounds and the hosts were to us. We created new friendships and it will forever be etched in my memory. When I return to Montepulciano, I would love to stay at La Falconara again, as well as recommend it to EVERYONE I know!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After several years of corresponding with owners Alex and Ingrid, I finally was able to stay at La Falconara. My apartment, Gli Archi, exceeded expectations. It was clean, spacious, well-equiped and, overall, very comfortable. The view of the Tuscan countryside from my windows was spectacular. But, what really makes a stay at La Falconara special is the opportunity to interact with Alex and Ingrid. Both go out of the way to make sure you get the most out of your visit. A knock on my door and Ingrid's, "Andiamo" resulted in an unforgettable outing to a church fundraiser. Alex is a terrific resource for information about everything from the history of the area to the best restaurants and sites. Truly, La Falconara is a wonderful value.

Room Tip: La Falconara has 3 apartments. Archi suited me well, and would also be very good for a couple or a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KK R
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at La Falconara in early June, 2013. My wife and I immediately fell in love with the place. It's in a beautiful setting in Tuscany surrounded by grapes vines and olive trees on all sides. The rooms are nice and well equipped to cook if you want to. Since it was our honeymoon we ate out every night and Alex and Ingrid (The owners) had some great suggestions on where to go. Alex and Ingrid were amazing hosts. We had a cooking class with Alex and some other guests and absolutely had a blast. La Falconara is a very special place with amazing grounds and amazing hosts. If you are coming to Tuscany, stay here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I choose Tuscana as one of the destination of my Italy trip because of movie <under the Tuscan sun>' it's sweet,warm, Like an harbor always there being shelter for you. When we arrive La Falconara , I just get the same feeling!!! We live in apartment Patico, which is designed for two persons , the couch, the kitchen,The flower and the window, everything is comfortable and cozy! Alex is Italian but with fluent English, because he stayed in U.S during 7-23. He knows Tuscana very well and can recommend very beautiful place to you. Just follow the direction he gives to you, you will find fairy land.
The dinner he cooked for 7 of us is incredible and vino good!
I like this house in Montepulcino, it"our home!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Demi X
Reviewed April 27, 2013

La Falconara is a magical place. Is incredible beautiful, peaceful and inspiring. A place to relax, enjoy nature, views and feel like you are at home.
Alex and Ingrid make everything possible for you to feel like you are part of this amazing place. The week was too short for us to enjoy that it has to offer, so we will back for sure.
Highly recommend to ask Alex on places to go, to do and to eat, not only in Montepulciano but in more distance places.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends