The house has a great setting with the view, pool and outdoor eating area giving you a truly relaxing setting, however there were a number of things that left us with a bad taste compared to a number of other villas we have rented in other areas of tuscany. This villa is not quite up to the standard of its peers. In particular :
- house was damaged from previous tenants and needed to be fixed while we were there
- no child facilities (cot, high chair) and were told we could have them if we paid to have the owner buy them and "he would give us the receipt"
- very sparse and cheaply furnished, with the interiors and kitchen furnished by ikea compared to tastefully decorated villas we have stayed in previously
- having to pay 375 Euro for "additional" power at the end of the week, even though we didn't turn on the air conditioners once. After paying thousands of Euros to rent the house we were amazed we were hit with a bill at the end to pay for additional power use. While we were shocked that we would be liable for additional power charges in the first place, we were very conscious of our power use throughout the week thinking we would fall well within our allowance. However we apparently did not and had a big surprise at the end of our visit.
- we thought we were 7 minutes from Montepulciano, but it was 20 minutes to get into the town.
It seems like they need another year or 2 to get up to the quality of its peers in Italy. Montepulciano is a great area to stay, but am sure there are better places to stay for a visit near here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cipressina is a historical six bedroom villa in Montepulciano, Tuscany. The villa enjoys spectacular panoramic views of Montepulciano and surrounding vineyards. The villa can be rented in whole or part year-around. La Cipressina is perfect for family or group holidays with comfortable large common areas inside and a large pool and terraces outside all with beautiful views for al fresco dining. All six bedrooms have air conditioning and ensuite bathrooms. Visit Simply Tuscany. ... more less