“Good Food, Service, and Value”
Review of Osteria del Conte

Osteria del Conte
Ranked #16 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Montepulciano is a magic city which offers its visitors unforgettable memories. A steep, winding road will lead you to a medieval hill town with a wonderful view over the surrounding valley. L’Osteria del Conte is situated in one of the town centre’s main streets, near the renowned Sanctuary of San Biagio and ontepulciano’s Fortress. After several years of experience in enogastronomy and catering, Lorena together with her son, Paolo, decided to open this cosy little restaurant in Montepulciano, where you will have the possibility of tasting the genuine, delicious dishes offered by the Sienese cuisine.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We dined here on the recommendation of a local and he was spot on with his description of the place - a small family restaurant that is lively, friendly and serves simple but delicious genuine Tuscan food.

My wife was only going to order a main course and just taste my homemade pici with Tuscan meat sauce. Well needless to say it was so good she ended up eating half of mine so we had to order another portion to split again.

For second courses she had the fillets of beef with sides of roast potatoes and chic peas. I had the roast lamb. Her dish had so much meat that we took half of it with us. It was very flavorful and was done medium rare (she didn't specify how she wanted it done). My lamb was exceptionally tasty. I also did not specify how cooked I wanted and mine came well done. This is how I like my meat done anyway so it was great for me, but if you like your meat on the rare side, do not order this dish. Both the side dishes were very flavorful, and all the portions were ample.

For dessert we had the chocolate cake and the pineapple with liquor. Both were good. The presentation on the pineapple was really nice. It was a 1/8 pineapple fresh in the outer skin sliced and covered in the liqueur and powdered sugar.

All this and a half carafe of wine and a bottle of San Pellegrino for 53 euros!

1  Thank NoSpin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was the first meal we had in Tuscany. Minutes after arriving in Montepulciano, we were promptly seated in the busy dining room of this very authentic, family run restaurant. We gulped down a bottle of wine, two incredible pasta dishes with seafood (It was Sunday-- they have fish Friday-Sunday or until they're out of it), and dessert. The bill came and we were shocked at how reasonable it was! The service was friendly and warm, and we were the only tourists there. We would've come back for dinner but Montepulciano has so many incredible places we wanted to keep trying them. I highly recommend for lunch or dinner. My fiancé is still talking about the vongole… his favorite and clearly this one held up!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went here one night at the recommendation of Alberto at Relais San Bruno where we were staying. Excellent food and wine and appeared to be a nice family owned restaurant. You can't go wrong with this restaurant.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here. The steak we had here was very mediocre. Panna cotta was very good. Service was also good.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This dinning experience was a true pleasure from start to finish! We were greeted by a wonderful waiter who is clearly passionate about food and wine. The service was perfect down to every last detail. The timing for each dish was impeccable! The food was amazing, the menu, the presentation and most importantly the flavour! I highly recommend the Ravioli al Pecorino di Pienza! Finish off your meal with an espresso, which is accompanied by amaretto biscuits, a very nice touch!