“Perfecto” 5 of 5 bubbles

Agriturismo Villa Mazzi
Victoria Australia
“Perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I cannot speak highly enough of Villa Mazzi and the wonderful family, Mario and Loredana who own it. We stayed in the little house called IL PINO which was picture perfect. The room was spacious yet cosy, completely spotlessly clean and had everything we could need.
Loredana, our host was generous with her time and hospitality. We found her to be warm and very helpful. Her English was great , so that made it easier for us as our Italian was very little. We felt that we were amongst friends here, nothing was too much trouble.
Villa Mazzi is a picturesque property with rolling hills around and a magnificent view of the town of Montepulciano which is about a 5 minute drive. There are ample places to sit around the property to enjoy the views with glass of wine, and by the way their own Villa Mazzi wine is very easy to drink. We enjoyed a few bottles of this while we were there and bought a few home to Australia. They also sell other delicious produce.
Villa Mazzi is in a perfect location for those wanting to enjoy the sights of Tuscany. We travelled to many towns from here and then enjoyed coming home to the tranquility of Villa Mazzi at the end of a busy day.
The town of Montepulciano is absolutely gorgeous! If you love meats, cheeses and wines, then this is the place for you. It was just how I imagined Tuscany to be!!!!!!
I would totally recommend Agriturismo Villa Mazzi to anyone wanting a true Tuscan experience, we loved it. A must do on your trip to Italy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a lovely two night stay at Villa Mazzi. Loredana and her husband were great hosts, giving us great suggestions for nearby activities and restaurants. Our room had a fantastic view of Montepulciano and was quite spacious for the two of us. Everything was spotlessly clean, and the kitchen seemed well equipped, although we didn't end up using it. It seemed like it would be a great place to use as a home base to explore the region on a longer trip. Leo the dog was there to welcome us whenever we returned, and I think my husband would have brought him home with us given the chance. Some other reviewers mentioned the lack of soap (there'd actually was soap and shampoo in our bathroom) and breakfast, but I didn't necessarily expect it from a place like this, since it's kind of a hybrid between a B&B and your own apartment. If that's something that will bother you, you should think about choosing different accommodations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jane F
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed for 5 night’s day tripping to Montalcino, Siena, Piezna, Cortona and of course Montepulciano. The pictures on their website don’t do it any justice. Loredana and dog Leo were great hosts. We stayed in La Loggia, which has a great terrace as well as a picture window looking at Montepulciano. We would tried and schedule our day to return to the terrace and eat and drink what ever cheese, salumi and wine we had purchased that day. We were there the last week of October 2011. Do not miss going next door or have Loredana arrange a visit to Cagusi, Amazing cheeses. Do not miss the Grand Riserva Pecorino, we brought it back to the US for my cheese geek fiends.
One of the wierd things was we saw more monks in the area then sheep 4 to zero.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed at Villa Mazzi for a week this past September and I cannot say enough good things about it. Loredana and her husband are so very welcoming that we felt like family in a short period of time. Our little apartment, Il Pino, was perfect for a couple. What a delight, after a day of driving to many of the towns, in and around the area, to come "home", cook a meal, enjoy the local wine, and savor the scenery that surrounds Villa Mazzi. From hearing the bells of the sheep that graze close by to enjoying the family's dog, Leo, one truly feels relaxed and at home. The apartments are self-catering but with a store in Montepulciano, wine, salami, jams available for purchase at Villa Mazzi and a cheese factory next door, food is not a problem. We will definitely be looking forward to a return stay with Loredana and family.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed five nights at the Villa Mazzi and it was the highlight of our vacation. Loredana and her husband are very welcoming and were a wealth of information about this most lovely part of the world.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I spent 2 overnights there with my husband last September. It was the beginning of our 9 day honeymoon in Toscana and we kept changing type of accommodation every 1 to 2 days to gain diversity and variety of location. After having tried a palazzo, a luxury B&B and a romantic inn, I have to say that this agriturismo was the best value for money of all. Loredana didn't even know about our marital status and she was as warm-hearted and friendly as she could be. She taught me the ritual of Italian coffee in her kitchen, let us use her PC for as long as we needed, went out of her way to give us a private tour to the cheese factory next door and at the same time ensured our privacy at all times. We stayed at "Il Pino" which is the apartment I recommend for couples, as it is not adjacent to any other rooms. The place was the CLEANEST I've seen and this is not an exaggeration! The furnishing and decoration were truly country style and authentic. I've read a comment in another review that there were no toiletries provided but this is something that the agriturismo's website was very clear about so we went well prepared. Villa Mazzi stayed true to what it said it offered and I was very glad I found even more.

P.S. I won't even talk about the amazing view to Montepulciano!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
west central Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

If money and time were no object, then this is where I would want to spend an extended vacation! In March 2010, my husband and I spent one night here (Il Tiglio) and decided that we wanted to return. In November 2011, we returned with 2 other couples, so we booked La Loggia for 2 nights. Loredona was prompt with her email replies. After 18 months, she welcomed me as if I were long-lost friend! La Loggia is spacious with a perfect view. Leo (dog) is obviously accustomed to guests and has trained all of us well! Loredona was patient with my Italian and humble about her English skills which are better than my Italian! I thoroughly enjoyed our time here. I find Montepulciano, Pienza, and nearby Asciano to be quite charming. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends