“Amazing hotel with excellent service!”
Review of Hotel Mediterraneo

Hotel Mediterraneo
Ranked #19 of 108 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel and would love to come back over and over again! All the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is located just in the entrance of the park where main termes are located, making it a magical scenery for an outside breakfast. Its located a few blocks away from the center and has private parking for the guests. The restaurant was also incredible with different choices for each meal. Our room was very comfortable and tidy. Do not hesitate to stay in this hotel if you are planning some days in Tuscany!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LucyE42

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am a repeat customer to this hotel. The hotel is situated on the outside of the park which makes it relaxing and quiet. The staff treats you like family. The food is awesome the hotel is clean. I couldn't find a complaint if I wanted to. The staff doesn't just speak English they understand your needs. I travel a lot through Europe this is by far one of the best, No. "The best hotels "I stay at with my family..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed 3 nights in this lovely hotel,which is situated a 10 minute walk from the center but on a quiet street next to a park.There is excellent private parking at the hotel,which is free.The staff were extremely helpful and the service was perfect.The restaurant is very good and we ate there every evening.I wanted to try some typical Italian dishes,such as "vongole" and steak florentine and the owner made that possible by giving the order in the early afternoon!!The two latter dishes were 'memorable'.I would highly recomend this hotel.We took a double room with a balcony and a view on the park,which made our stay even better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The place is wonderfully located, and I don't mean just the geographical location (a beautiful town is in the heart of Tuscany), but also the location of the hotel in the town - next to a beautiful park (yet walking distance to the center). I had a single room which was kind of small but good enough for me. The size was definitely compensated by the style - the old-style furniture looked classy.

I was sort of hesitant whether to book a half-board or to eat outside in restaurants. Went for the former and it was a great choice. Breakfasts were served outside (unless it rained), in a little garden facing a beautiful park, which was great. Food for the breakfasts was more like hostel food, but it was edible. Their dinners, however, were something that might well be served in a good rstaurant - and I am writing that as someone with rather high standards when it comes to food. Dinner menu changed every evening and always included some "local" stuff (pasta, tomato soup, ham, etc.), which was delicious. In addition, the food was served in a way that made you feel like a king - to be honest, I've never been to a hotel that would serve food in such beautiful dishes, and use so elegant utensils! And their desserts are something to die for!

The staff just couldn't be nicer and more helpful throughout my entire stay. I was checking out at 4:30 am to catch the cab to the airport (which they kindly reserved to me at a nicely discounted price) and they offered me a breakfast - before 5 am! I have to add, however, that I was sort of upset by the cleaning ladies' respect for one's privacy (or lack thereof). Once she came into my room - without any knocking! - when I was in bed. Came in? Actually "invaded" would be a better word. The other time - even worse - another one came in - again no knocking - even though I had left a "do not disturb" notice on my door. I thought that was a stretch.

Overall, however, I can really recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Jan K
Reviewed October 30, 2011

A nice quiet hotel,beautiful views from our room, staff were friendly and helpful, we enjoyed our breakfasts, and ate dinner at the hotel most nights, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
we took day trips by train, the station was ten minutes walk from the hotel, Pisa,Lucca and Florence less than an hours train ride away.Our favourite place was Montecatini Alto, stunning!
Would thoroughly reccomend and cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a junior matrimonial suite.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skye7UnitedKingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2011

A smaller, quiet, well-run hotel, adjacent to a glorious park, the Mediterraneo had everything I could have wanted. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful - in fact, because of canceled flights, I arrived one day later than planned. They were gracious, did not charge me for the missed night and couldn't have been nicer. Always helpful with train schedules, dinner reservations, and general information, they were very easy to deal with, especially given my lack of Italian language skills. The rooms are comfortable and clean, with huge beautiful windows - I looked out over a garden with a view of the mountains. The rooms are not fancy, but have fridges, comfortable beds, and the bathroom was clean and utilitarian. Lobby and outdoor lounge spaces were very pleasant, and breakfast on the terrace overlooking the park was lovely. Can't say enough about the setting - the park is huge, yet peaceful. A quick walk into town (7 minutes), and close to everything. The pool at the sister hotel (Astoria) was across the park, and was well-kept and relaxing. The Mediterraneo has af ull service bar, great food, great staff, and did I mention a great location?

Room Tip: Some rooms had small balconies - not sure of size of the room, but would be nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank notmuchtime
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We 3 middle aged females spent 6 days at the Hotel Mediterraneo in Montecatini Terme. This hotel is not like any in America, so at first we were dubious. It is an older hotel with furnishings that would be described as dated. But, it was very clean, and we felt very, very safe. The hotel offers single rooms at 1/2 the price of double rooms. It made it nice that the snorers could snore away without bothering anyone and it was nice we didn't have to wait our turn for showers, hairdryers, bathroom use. The hotel is situated close to town with a beautiful park outside the door. We didn't select the full meal option, just continental breakfast daily. The breakfast is served on a terrace at the edge of the park , a beautiful way to start the day. The most amazing part of the stay is the staff. They were wonderful and did everything they could to assist us. I would highly recommend this hotel to all people of all ages. Like I stated above, it was very different than what we are used to in major American cities, but by the end of our stay, we didn't want to leave.
We used ComeandseeItaly.com and booked day trips to Florence, Cinque Terre, Vinci winery. Our tour guide was Tania and she spoke excellent english and was very friendly and fun. We also booked a 4 hour cooking class where we went to a farm house and learned to make pasta, 3 types of sauces and tiramisu. We all then ate together at a table with the cook and her husband. One day we arranged for a free shuttle to Grotta Giusti, where we sat in actual grotto named after Dante's inferno, then chilled in the thermal pool. It was an awesome experience. All in all, it was a marvelous trip to Tuscany and because it was August, we spent most of our time under the Tuscan sun which was intense at 92 degrees farenheit. Thank goodness our hotel rooms were air conditioned. For some reason Montecatini does not attract too many American visitors but they assured us they all love America and treated us like royalty. We felt like we experienced the real Tuscany, we struggled a little with communicating but as long as you attempt to learn some Italian words and phrases, people would attempt to help. If not, someone who spoke english would come and help us. We had lots of fun exchanging words and phrases, it added to the experience. Never, for one moment did we feel nervous or unsafe. One thing I hadn't seen mentioned before, is that in the small towns, no one takes credit cards, but there are ATM machines everywhere.
The Hotel Mediterraneo provided transport service (just the 3 of us) between the hotel and Pisa airport. We never needed a car, but other guests did have car rentals. The hotel had wifi available for a fee.
This is the first time I'm writing a review like this. I feel so satisfied with our experience and I want to share it with others.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends