All reviewscame roundmodern hotelmain parkreception staffspecial thanksbeautiful towneach eveninghotel owneron a half board basistrain timesnice poolexcellent hotelold world charma lovely stayenjoyable stayfour star hotelstayed here for nights
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Montecatini is a very nice town, with beautiful old thermal baths and it is a great place to base youself for short day trips to all the best places in Tuscany-Pisa, Sienna, Florence, Lucca,San Gimigniano are all just a day trip away.BUT this hotel was terrible. Bad food, bad rooms(water dripping through ceiling), grumpy staff. There are many nice hotels in Montecatini so chose another one!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Owner of Grand Hotel
Tamerichi & Prtincipi

18 of September 2011

Dear Eugenio!

I would like to reanimate my feelings and specially emphasize how we, my family and me, was happy in course of vocation spent in your Grand Hotel Tamerici e Principi.
During our 6 weeks vacation in Italy in August 2011 my family and me were very lucky to stay exactly in your hotel.
Starting from the meeting us in the Airport and ending with the «goodbye dinner».
It wasn't our first time in Italy, but this vacation we enjoyed the most. The Hotel staff warmly welcomed us when we arrived and helped us with accommodation so that in 5 minutes we were happy lying on the bed in the room relaxing after flight.
But the greatest surprise was only waiting for us. We came for dinner. I would lie if I told you that dinner was good, it was super delicious! We had an opportunity to get acquainted with the chef-cook Manuelo, he was very kind to us during our whole stay in this hotel and kept on surprising us every day. By the way it’s very important to mention that the hotel staff treats you like the V.I.P. and they call you by name when greeting you (I can hardly remember that in other hotels).
What’s also wonderful is your Hotel offers plenty of excursions worth visiting. Almost forgot that the Hotel is a Gold member of the Golf-club nearby (as I understood) so we enjoyed playing golf every week.
The employee staff tried always kindly told us much interesting things about this place and gave us useful recommendations.
The first and most important reason why we came exactly in this town - Montecatini Terme is it’s thermal waters. Now I’m writing from Moscow and can surely say that 2 weeks of drinking these thermal waters weren’t waste of time. I feel like I am 20 now, really.
We have to mention about special thanks to you regarding permanent caring about us as your guests and your recommendation to visit the Puccini festival and other very interesting spaces. We were enjoined very much!
Every vacation has it’s end, so we felt upset preparing for the last dinner in Tamerici and Principi and in Italy. But we didn’t expect that Manuelo was preparing special surprise for us. It was the biggest Fiorentine steak for the main course and Soufflé for dessert. That was the brightest impression of the evening.
I hope to come back next year and stay in your Grand Hotel Tamerici e Principe again.
From whole my family and myself – Thank you very much for the excellent and lovely time spent in your hotel.

Sergey Ilin and his family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Konstantin I
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This was a great hotel. Marvellous front desk staff.
Comfortable bed and beautiful marble bathroom although mine had shower only.
Great breakfast even if the eggs were cool Such variety and great juices and coffee..
Indoor outdoor bar with music most nights.
Beautful lobby with wifi available in lobby or bar. It was 15 Euro for our 3 day stay but something like 5.00 Euro/hour??
Liked the small balcony even if it could use some work. About 20 minute walk to the funiculare to go up to Montecatini Alto. One block over from main shopping street.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The front desk stuff is the friendliest we have ever met, nice and spacious rooms, outstanding breakfasts, excellent location. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edward F
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Pleasant and cosy, nice room, good food, and the most helpful people at the front desk. Lovely swimmimgpool and a big terrazza with shadow and sun bathing possibilities. Can't do more than recommend it for families and friends.

linalena