“Leave your key at reception OR get locked out at night !!”
Review of Hotel Savona

Hotel Savona
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Leave your key at reception OR get locked out at night !!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was originally booked to stay in a twin room with a travelling business colleague, at the Hotel Byron just round the corner. However, they were over-booked and arranged a room in another hotel a few paces away. This room was too small, so I ended up allocated a room in the Hotel Savona.

My room was one normally reserved for tour guides, I believe. Room 405 had a double bed, air conditioning, a small fridge and an adequate bathroom with shower and bidet. It also had access to a roof terrace with deckchairs for sunbathing.

Given other rooms that I saw in other hotels, I would say this was quite adequate. Definitely 3 star, but no better.

Only problem I experienced was returning late one night (2am), I found myself locked out of the hotel ! No one had informed me that common practice on going out for the day was to leave your room key at reception. This way, at night, if room keys were still at reception, the night porter knows you are still out and keeps the hotel open. I had taken my key out with me, it wasn't at reception and the night porter thought I was in the hotel - so he locked up...!!!

My advice - if you intend staying out late - let reception know in advance AND leave your key at reception when you leave the hotel for the day ;-)

Otherwise good and service was good. Can't comment on the food as I ate at the hotel round the corner where I was originally booked.

Room Tip: I was allocated a room usually reserved, I believe, for tour guides. Room 405 was on the top floor a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daca27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
#5 of 107 in Montecatini Terme
Hotel Ristorante La Querceta
Hotel Ristorante La Querceta
#27 of 55 in Montecatini Terme

Been to Hotel Savona? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Savona

Property: Hotel Savona
Address: Via Giacomo Leopardi 10, 51016, Montecatini Terme, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Pistoia > Montecatini Terme
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service
Ranked #23 of 55 B&Bs / Inns in Montecatini Terme
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Savona 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Savona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.