“Cocktails.”

La Cascina
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went for a drink in the American bar.First off the good stuff.The location is excellent and the atmosphere is laid back and elegant.We sat out under the stars and really felt chilled out and relaxed.The cocktails we ordered were top class and the staff were very polite.But if a review is to be worth anything it has to be written honestly and here is the bad stuff.On Tuesday night the 6/8/2013 we arrived and were seated at a table that had not been cleared from the previous occupants.However that was dealt with reasonably quickly and our drinks arrived.The problem started when I decided that I would order a second drink.I tried to get the attention of a member of staff and after about 40 minutes of waiting I finally gave up.I had to go to the Till myself to the pay the bill as we had just got so fed up of waiting.It was a real shame as we would have loved to have stayed for a while.We called in again on Wednesday night and the service was excellent and I had no problem getting a second drink.This is a great Resturaunt and a great Bar,just get the service right first time every time.

There are newer reviews for La Cascina

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went to this restaurant for lunch & dinner several times, food was fresh & delicious. Great service. Beautiful setting with nice music. Recommend the sushi & octopus salad. Also the creme brulee was delicious. Excellent restaurant & a good place for a drink in a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Well located accross from the Modern Art Museum and easy to get find. As mentioned in the title Everything was OK but the famous Beefsteak Florentina (a "T" Bone cut local favorite in and aroun Florence) was missing the Filet side of the T-bone. For savvy carnivors, the absence of the best side of the T bone sort-of put me "off" the whole rest of the meal. I did not complain on the spot; but then one day they may read this review and mend their ways by serving the whole T-Bone with meat on both sides.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Lamb is superb here.For fish lovers try the 3 fish chef special(fish soup,Smoked salmon and a large prawn)great little restaurant.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very good food, the prices OK. The staff very kind and helpful. Also the position of the restaurant, the yard and the interior are very nice. Go there!