“Best in Italy!”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The spectacular window displays and the amazing pastry cases beyond them drew us to this pasticceria/gelateria. We were only in Montecatini for 20 hours, but went back 3 times. They had the best gelato, the best espresso/capucchino, and the best pastries we found, during 3 weeks in Italy. The shop is beautiful and obviously popular with locals and tourists alike. Even if you're only passing by the town, they're worth a side trip.

1  Thank Anita R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Wide choice of pastry and local cookies, efficient bar service but I expected more from this place considered the best in town!

1  Thank traduzioni_sa
Reviewed October 27, 2012

When I'm in Montecatini, this is one of the places I frequent regularly... ok, daily. I love the bustling atmosphere here, where most people seem to know each other. The pastries are fresh here and the cappucino is yummy.

1  Thank TuscanGourmet
Reviewed October 26, 2012

So many beautiful and tasty treats. Artfully decorated cakes and cookies, gifts and treats. Gelato is very, very good too. Take your treats or have expresso at the bar .

2  Thank grapetomato
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I live in Pittsburgh, and have close family in hometowns minutes away from Montecatini Terme. I have visited Giovannini every time I have been in Italy since 1986 (over 20 times in my life) and the store is beautifully kept and clean. The desserts are delicious whether you enjoy them on the spot or take them home to share with friends!! I will continue to make a stop at Giovannini's whenever I am in Tuscany in the future and look forward to it.

1  Thank David L