“Consistently Good; Typical Trattoria Fare”
Review of Corsaro Verde

Corsaro Verde
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant in the centre of Montecatini Terme. Traditional Italian cuisine specialising in fresh fish,grilled meats and vegetarian dishes.Full wine list and sales of wine with tastings.Wood-fired pizza oven. Large garden outside and air-conditioned interior. Lunches from 11,30 am to 03,00 pm , dinner from 07,00 pm to 11,00 pm
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Corsaro Verde has been around for a long time; I've eaten here about a dozen times over the past ten years. The restaurant consists of dining rooms inside the main building and a glassed-in dining room just outside the restaurant on the square. The Inside rooms are dark and cozy and look much like a movie set. Outside is sleek and modern. The restaurant is easy to find and just one block in the direction of the train station from the main shopping street.

The food here is selected from a lengthy menu and includes terrific pasta, steaks, chops, seafood, chicken, and more. My favorite items are the Spaghetti alla Carbonara, the Fritto Misto, and the Carciofi Fritti. On my last visit I dined with three friends and I started with Pappardelle con Chingale, a typical dish of ribbons of pasta with wild boar stewed in red sauce. This was magnificent. I moved on to the tuna steak with red sauce and olives accompanied by the fried artichokes, my very favorite dish here. All were expertly prepared and very satisfying. One of my companions had the Vitello Milanese; it came lightly breaded and golden brown on the bone and was absolutely delicious.

The service is prompt and the wait staff is friendly. They appear to like Americans and speak very fine English. The wine list is very good with a focus on local reds. I recommend this place to anybody who hungers for old-fashioned Italian food. Prices are moderate and portions are large. Enjoy.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I ordered the Seafood Spaghetti - it came with LOADS of seafood but the spaghetti sauce was SUPER SALTY!
Partner ordered the tuna steak which was really lovely.
We also had the artichokes as side which were really nice.
For dessert I had the best profiteroles i have ever tasted.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been visiting Montecatini annually for the past 10 years, and Corsaro Verde is consistently good. The service is good,and the staff is friendly. I like their Fritto Miso (mixed fried seafood), Their pasta dishes are delicious, and their menu is quite lengthy.

1  Thank TuscanGourmet
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Ate twice in this restaurant whilst staying in Montecatini Terme. The Pizza is fabulous, and the Lasagne is to die for. A great selection of red wines, which you would expect from the Tuscany region. Staff are polite and helpful, and I would tell anybody to hunt this place out. Very reasonably priced too.

1  Thank babin85
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The fact that I found myself in this restaurant was all about coincidence. We found ourselves eating there because of a tour wich its hotel was in Montecatini instead of Florance. But it was the best coincidence ever! Now Corsaro Verde is one of my favorite restaurants and the reason why i will always visit Montecatini. Their house wine is really above the average house wines and they are really generous about it. All the dishes you chose from the menu turns out to be great so you can have a real big issue here: not knowing what to eat!

1  Thank Melis S