“Second stay”
Review of La Meridiana

La Meridiana
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Mogliano Veneto
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in 2009 and we fully enjoyed our stay. We decided to go back in 2014 and the stay wasnt as good as in 2009. Breakfast very poor on choice. Yes continental but could have had more of a variety. Evening meal was also poor the choice of food was 3 items for starters and main. Staff friendly. I am told the hotel has been taken over within the last 12 months so I hope the owners take note of the reviews and work on putting them right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front and not the back as you have a view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sully G

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here as part of a weekend trip to Venice, despite being 20 minutes outside of Venice. Thinking of what you would get in a 4 star hotel in the UK, I have to admit I was expecting more. As another reviewer said there are 2 types of room: front of the hotel are larger and better and at the back are smaller and we were put in one of these. Decor and paintwork are shoddy and dated but overall the room is clean and ok. The room had a mini bar. TV only had Italian channels, so didn't watch TV at all.Lack of plug sockets to charge phones etc..Shower head poor and snapped when trying to adjust the spray pattern and sliced my left thumb open. Breakfast was continental and sufficient to start the day and on the morning we left we were able to get breakfast early, which was good. Beds were hard and uncomfortable and had to ask for extra pillows. Room appeared to have air conditioning but not that it worked as the room was uncomfortable. OK for a base but as I said I think I expected more as it was 4 star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel as they are better and bigger rooms. But if you book throug...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went to this hotel with a group of friends in October 2012 while a trip to Venice. We booked 3 double rooms, on a same reservation paper, made at home by our travel agent. All of us payed exactly the same amount of money for our rooms. After check-in my friends got two nice rooms, like the ones from the presentation of the hotel, but me and my husband received a room located on the last floor, actually I could say it was located in the attic, very old and smelly. In fact, after we left the reception desk we all took the same elevator. At first stop, on the first floor, you could see that everything was clean on the hall, with nice and clean carpet and nice doors of the rooms. At the second stop, on the second floor, you could see exactly the same. But on the last floor, things were so different that for a moment I believed I wasn't on the same hotel like my friends. When the doors of the elevator opened a very bad smell hit directly into my face, smelling like old... The carpet was dirty and old and so were the doors of the rooms. We opened our room, still hoping that everything would be ok, but of course the same bad smell was inside. The room was so small that the bed was occupying almost all of it, with small windows and small bathroom. I went at the reception, asking for a room like were the others two that my friends got. The receptionist was rude and told me that this is the room I paid for so my expectations should be also low. When I told him that I paid exactly the same amount of money like my friends who received nice rooms, he became polite and told me that all other rooms were busy that night and that I would receive a nice room next morning. I accepted that and went to sleep because we were very tired. Unfortunately the night was sleepless for me and my husband because we had to keep the windows opened the whole night because of the bad smell and the street in front of the hotel was very noisy. Indeed the next day we received a nice, big and clean room, just like my friends' rooms, but even now I could not forget that experience. I have stayed in many hotels in Europe and not only, but none of the rooms I booked were like the one from La Meridiana Hotel. So be aware....

I would have given a "Very good" opinion to this hotel in the absence of this experience, based on its location and cleanliness of the new room, but in this condition I rate it as "Poor" (because of the first room we got and rude staff) and trust me, I am indulgent.

Room Tip: Rooms located on the last floor are totally different from the ones in the photos, smelling bad and...
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Andreea D
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This seems to be a rather sleepy part of Venice, although there is enough about to do for the first few days you will need to make a couple of trips out of the area to not be completely bored ( which can mean a lot of walking!). The hotel was nice enough although he breakfast was rather limited and the rooms were pretty basic and outdated. Our air con was not at all effective so we were a touch fed up by the end, not to mention we couldn't locate an outside pool anywhere nearby and the beach is a train ride away. The staff were polite and helpful. But I think the location and lack facilities put a bit of a dampener on the type of holiday we'd intended to have.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed in La Meridian Hotel in February and we will go back again in June. We like the hotel very much and we love the staff. They are very helpful and very very friendly. We felt very welcomed and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

A very nice place to stay because of the most beautiful service and value for money.
I loved the breakfast and mainly the care center.

All the staff were so humble and helpful towards us. They made us feel special and were available 24 Hrs. The location is also good as there is a train station in 5 mins walking distance (Mogliano Veneto)

There is a nice cuisine out there as well.

Room Tip: Satisfaction and value for money both.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ajitav M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

my husband and I just come back from a 5 night stay at this hotel. we thought it was an ideal place to stay as it was just 10 mins from mestre and 25/30 mins from venice. The hotel was lovely and clean, our room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the front of the hotel and was massive!! breakfast every morning is served till 10am which was great, we ate an evening meal just once here and it was ok (pizza place across the road is really good!!!!) but the staff behind the bar were fab, made you feel at home and were very funny - would definatly stay at this place again! :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple