All reviews train and bus minute journey euros return visiting venice station executive
Reviewed December 31, 2015

I was very much looking forward to the stay at Duca D'Aosta. I used to stay at this hotel 10 years ago when I was travelling to Italy more often for business and back then the hotel was being renovated so I expected a new impressive and modern hotel.
I was disappointed as the hotel was renovated, but the rooms we have got were old, very old, definitely in need of refurbishment and cleaning.
Also the situation with parking has not improved - there is a new underground garage for the hotel, but the car you can park there has to be smaller than fiat cinquecento, otherwise you are struggling.
The positive side of the hotel is its location - 5 minutes to the train station and the train brings you directly to the centre of Venezia in less than half an hour.
The staff was unfriendly, unhelpful, speaking only limited English. On the morning when we were leaving we were not able to pay by credit card, as they had some problems with the machine, so we were asked to find a cash machine in the town and to pay cash.
When travelling to Italy next time I will very likely try out some of the other hotels in the area.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank zuzanka39
Reviewed September 17, 2015

The customer service at this hotel did not at all reflect its 4 star rating. On the first night the shower ran cold even when left running for a few minutes. Staff was annoyed at being asked to come and help with this issue.

The next night the shower did not turn on at all and when staff was notified, we were rudely told to wait an hour in case it would start working. We were told that as the shower had been fixed the night before, we should just wait to see if the shower would turn on without assistance. We were left waiting to get ready to go out! Staff behaved as if helping their customers with hotel related issues was a chore and not their job. Assistance took so long to come that we did not end up going out at all that night.

However, the room itself was nice: spacious and clean. Location of the hotel was also convenient as it is only a two minute walk from the train station and there is a bus stop directly in front of the hotel which made getting to the centre of Venice easy.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KayAhira
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I booked my weekend away in Italy using a value holiday site and so when I began to read bad reviews on here about the hotel being unpleasant I was concerned and thought I might regret my decision....

BUT

We enjoyed our stay! The staff were very friendly and helpful (little things such as our air con being switched off and our mini bar not being stocked were addressed quickly and with endless apologies). The room was clean and modern (despite the reviews saying otherwise on here). The bed was very big and the general features were ideal (the free wifi was a nice surprise). Breakfast was fab and despite going down a little late on the second day we didn't feel at all rushed.

The hotel is in an ideal position - we wanted to see Venice without being surrounded by crowds too much. The hotel is 2 minutes from the train station, 20 minutes from Venice.

There are some lovely bars, cafe's and restaurants in the town too for very affordable prices.

What could have bumped my rating up to 5 starts? The shower base was cracked (and sealed so it didn't affect the use at all, just didnt look right... if we're being pedantic lol) and the walls could have done with a better paint scheme as we couldn't figure out whether it had paint tests on it or if the pattern was intentional haha.

Room tip: Try to get in the new part I suppose?
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2015

Unfortunately I was highly bitten by bed bugs in this hotel and I had a huge allergy. Bed Bugs are a very serious problem which hotels and hostels should care more about, by putting covers anti-bed bugs in the mattress, pillows and also regularly looking for it and trying to exterminate. As travelers, we need to always be careful about not carrying these bugs somewhere else in our luggages. I can`t complain about the service, though - people who work there are very helpful and caring, but the hotel is def not 4 stars.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Gabriela L
Reviewed July 9, 2015

on days time by every 30 minutes you can reach Venice easily last train is on 11.04 PM in my room air condition did not work well elevator is very week and you use it while you are worry for safety. breakfast are very good reception did not guide you well when I arrived and ask her where is the nearest market for food she told me 30 minutes walking but the next day I saw many shops around the hotel

Date of stay: July 2015