“best place if you want to eat meat”
Review of Al Bagatto

Al Bagatto
Ranked #19 of 175 Restaurants in Milazzo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I love, love this restaurant. The chef/owner Chiara is amazing. I love the steak tartare which was delicate and rich at the same time. The quality of meat is impeccable and make sure to order the "tagliata" which is ALWAYS cooked to perfection! She always offers wonderful daily specialties. Brava!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in Milazzo for over a month and didn't come here until our last night. What a mistake! We initially turned away due to our budget, but finally couldn't resist and found that Al Bagatto can be enjoyed at a very reasonable price. We shared the starter and the primi and then each enjoyed a secondo and a desert. We also had wine with our meal (of course!), chosen by the owner (I think) and the meal wasn't more than 80 euros. We had carpaccio for the starter and it was, by far, the best carpaccio I have ever had (and I have had many). How can I describe it? Sweet and salty, very tender meat with a zest from citrus. Incredible! The pasta was excellent, as was my secondo (tagliata). Also, I found the setting to be charming and service was perfect. If I ever return to Milazzo, this will be the first restaurant I go to.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Some of the friendliest service I've experienced. The food was great and reasonably priced. Will definitely return here if I'm back in Milazzo.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a great place. They had a lot of produce sitting on the counter and this, together with the tiled walls, really gave it a 'deli' feel. Having said that, the food was spectacular. We had caprese and burrata (a heavenly creamy mozzarella) for antipasti, and then a pasta. Mine was lovely and fresh, tomatoes with eggplant ravioli. My husband had the tagliata, which if you like beef, was excellent. However, it was definitely the priciest meal we had on Sicily, so I feel the need to deduct one point for that.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Ate here yesterday, had good Sicilian local red with formaggi and salumeria antipasti plus filetto di manzo and striachetta di manzo. Very good and tasteful. Plus dolce. Around 100 euro inc tip. Not cheap for Sicilian means but worth it!