“Great place to stay!”
Review of Villa Crispi

Villa Crispi
Ranked #41 of 77 Mestre B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at Villa Crispi for 2 nights at the beginning of our Italy vacation and for 2 nights at the end. We had a wonderful time there, Susanna is awesome, gives great advice on where to go and what to see and drew us many maps so we knew where to go. The rooms are quaint and clean, perfect for the 3 of us. We had plenty of hot water in the morning and night and plenty of clean towels. The bus stop was close by as well as many restaurants and shopping at the nearby plaza. We will stay there again next time we are heading to Venice!
Thanks Susanna!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Initial greeting was good and advice was helpful, however later in our stay we discovered that there is no hot water in the evenings if you want to run a bath, and they do not service the rooms properly. We came home one evening (after dinner out at a restaurant) only to find they had not replaced the used toilet paper rolls and the towels had not been replaced. When contacted the attendant promised to bring replacement toilet paper and towels that evening however they DID NOT ARRIVE. In the morning the receptionist said they had knocked on the door but we had not answered which was unlikely as my wife and I were up very late waiting for them. They refused to accept responsibility for their extremely poor service which is totally unacceptable. Anyone thinking to stay here should take this into consideration and I recommend that you avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The staying was just perfect and the breakfast of a good quality. Suzanna is very kind and ready to help you find your way in is this wonderful city. It is so easy to go to Venice (piazzale Roma) with the busses stop just 50 m away the Villa Crispi (15 min).

We will come again for sur at this B&B

Suzanna, thanks

from Book of Venice

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our staying in Villa Crispi. Very good price for this location, nice room and big bathroom. Breakfast could be more tasteful, but the bottle of red wine, presented after check-out, smoothed the impression) Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great Desk people, very helpful.
Clean rooms.
Quick and easy to Venice by bus.
Make sure to look up directions from airport on your own.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I had booked this hotel solely from the rave reviews on Trip advisor.
We arrived at the B&B after a long flight with my wife and 3 year old daughter. We were greeted by a friendly and helpful young man who checked us in to the hotel and answered all our questions. He gave us maps and lots of useful information. He explained to us that the reception is not always manned and I was given an emergency mobile number to contact the hotel staff at any time.
We were given our key and preceded to our room.
Upon our arrival to the room, my wife and I were at a loss for words (in a BAD WAY). The room was FILTHY. The room was made-up but there was food on the floor together with large stains on the carpet. The stains where so bad that they even had smells and they had rotted the carpet on those points.
I figured that the hotel must have had some sort of mix-up and maybe they forgot to clean our room.
I tried contacting reception but I was unable to reach any staff. I then tried contacting the emergency mobile number that I was given at reception. There was no answer from the emergency mobile number. I found this very odd as I was calling at 14:30 which is a very reasonable hour to call.
My wife and child were exhausted at this stage and decided to lay down on the bed until I was able to reach a member of staff. This was a big mistake!
My 3 year old daughter was the first to notice something odd by telling us that “something bit me daddy”. To my horror, I removed the bed cover to find an infestation of bedbugs crawling everywhere!
At this stage I was panicking as I had an exhausted family, a filthy room and no staff member in sight.
I contacted our booking agent (Bookings.com) and I requested to be moved immediately to another hotel.
While waiting for a taxi, a young lady member of staff showed up to our room. I showed her the food on the floor and the bedbugs. She offered to clean the room for us and she was very apologetic. She completely understood our frustration and offered to help wherever she could. I felt so bad as she was really trying to help put things right.
At this stage I was quite upset. We waited for the taxi which took us to the Hotel Michelangelo (four star hotel) which was SUPER FANTASTIC at a similar price to Crispi. It too had a bus stop outside the hotel for trips to Venice and DOZENS of restaurants within walking distance. Add a mall, a stunning pedestrianized square with about 25 cafes and you will agree that the Hotel Michelangelo is a winner (not highly ranked on TA thou??? Not sure why!). Stunning breakfast included.
Stay away from villa Crispi as you may get some sort of disease from staying there. It is the opposite of WOW

Room Tip: Stay away from the tripple room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NickPaphos123
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We felt very welcome at Villia Crispi - it felt very Venetian and was all that I expected! The owners were brilliant, extremely helpful and friendly before and during our stay! It wasn't touristy in Mestre but only a 10min bus journey into venice with bus stop very close to hotel. All amenities such as supermarket and cashpoint very close and some lovely local restaurants nearby - I highly recommend Villa Crispi!

• Stayed: November 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mestre
Hotel Garibaldi
Hotel Delle Rose
Hotel Delle Rose
#9 of 58 in Mestre
Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport

Been to Villa Crispi? Share your experiences!