Hotel Regit
$188
$151
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Antico Moro Hotel(Zelarino)(Great Value!)
$69
$63
Travelocity
All reviewsthe busbooked hotelexcellent locationconvenient locationtakes minswould stay againten minuteseuroairportvenicerailwaydolomites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The goal of my stay at this hotel was to spend one night before catching a bus to the airport. I accomplished this, but without any of the comforts one would expect for the price paid. The room was ok at best -- small and cramped. The shower door was practically falling off its hinges and I couldn't figure out how to lower the exterior blinds so that I could have privacy in the bathroom at night. The staff was ok. But when I told them the internet didn't work, they just wished me luck. Also, the "tax" they add to the bill has to be paid in cash -- so make sure you have loose change with you. It sure made me raise my eyebrows at the purpose of this "tax"... Also, I would recommend arriving during daylight hours because there is a lot of road construction where you have to walk through a sketchy looking walkway past uninviting shops selling suitcases and paraphernalia that are open 24/7. Overall, the breakfast was the best part. And I did find it to be close to the bus stop and train station.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank onthegoalot2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Staying the night in Venice is very expensive during the summer, so staying right outside Venice in Mestre is ideal. This hotel is just a short 5-10 minute walk from the Mestre train station. The rooms are nice and clean. The bathroom is ensuite and very clean. Breakfast is superb - it's a small buffet (good for Americans!) with more than just croissants. Be careful not to order another cup of coffee if the lady asks you. You might think it's a refill, but one person gets one coffee. Any extra coffees they charge you! We were really lucky because the front desk guy was super nice and didn't charge us for the extra coffee. There are numerous trains from early morning until 11 pm at night from Mestre to Venice. It's a short 10 minute train ride. Save your money and stay here rather than in Venice!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy T
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Having arrived at 11:30 am we knew we were too early for check in. We asked the rather authoratative and cold chap on the desk if there was any way we could check in early, he explained that check in was 2pm. Now i was certainly not expecting us to check in at 11:30 but after a long journey from Ljubljana having woken at 6:30 I thought he may have been gracious enough to perhaps allow us to check in at 1pm; I asked him again and he insisted it was 2pm. After having left the hotel and rechecked our printed confirmation, it actually listed check in as being 1pm, if i had know this at the time i would have pushed it more. Having resigned ourselves to 2 and a half hours of killing time we decicded to head off into Mestre for a mooch. Firstly the guy on the desk asked us for our passports and would return these when we came back! this is 2012 and not 1978, and i thought this process of beaurocracy had long since passed, clearly not here! Welcome to Italy where officialdom still reigns supreme.

Our wander into tatty and run down Mestre was hardly a pleasant experience and i would not recommend any traveller to sample it's non-exixstent charms, think the Italian version of Slough..

Upon our return we checked into our room. The room was small but this was as expected though the layout was poorly thought out with an oversized bathroom in relation to the size of the bedroom. The dressing room mirror was poorly placed as was way too high, the lack of suitably placed power points also an annoyance. My girlfirend politely requested if we could move rooms, the guy said 'No'.

Of the positives, the AC worked well pumping out nicely cool air, the bathrooms was actually nice with a decent enough shower; the fridge in the room was also a nice touch. The bed was very comfy and the room spotlessly cleann

I actually rated the breakfast with a tasty and adequate supply of nice foods (scrambled egg included) - what i did't rate was the overall rudeness and unfriendliness of the staff. The breakfast waitress in particular was particularly cold and unforgiving. Casting disapraging looks, her meely mouthedness and lack of warmth was unpleasant to say the least - smile love and the world smiles with you. Not too sure if the same said person was responsible for cleaning our rooms but whoever was they faniced a quick peep at my passport photo, now i knwo I am a bit of a hunk but after taking a look, the person responsible was a bit foolish in forgetting to put it back in it's wallet! - a little worrying if you ask me! The Asian guy staffed at night however as a really nice and friendly guy - more of the same and the hotel will improve.

Venice itself is extroadinarily sublime with looks and feel quite unlike anywhere else i have visited. We were in a shock with the very high prices and the obvious inflation aimed at us tourists, i was equally shocked at the downright dire attitude and blatant rudeness of many of the Venetians we met. Aside from a few excecptions i found them to be generally an unpleasent bunch in particular those working in a customer service capacity(?)- from ticket sellers at the station, bar men, the lady selling Maps at the Venice info centre to restauranteurs they were generally unwelcoming. I hope this is not indicative of the rest of Italy as I always assumed the Italians to be warm an friendly. I realise the country is in a bit of a pickle at the moment and struggling but hey, aren't we all! perhps some people need to rethink their choice of career and think about a more approrpiate job, prison guard perhaps??

In an expensive city for drinking, i must recommend a bar called Al Parlamento Mac Sas (Parliament pub) on Sestiere Cannaregio, this lovely canalside bar was a great find - friendly staff (for once) and a cracking happy hour between 6-8 with cocktails a very cheap 4 euro - check it out, you won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jimbojetset
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Good location, just about 200m from Venice mestre. The staff could be friendlier, but it isnt too much of a problem. The rooms are good, but do not expect a view. Overall, 5 points for location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel staff is very nice! Very friendly and sincere people. We were staying second time (last one was 3 years ago) and still liked the place. Especially the location is great. 2 mins to the major train station of the whole area with trains going to any direction in Italy.

The breaksfast cappuccino from the vending machine is just awful. Never take it. We were surprised to see that normal cappuccino hand made by the hotel staff is 2.50 per cup. That is so unusual for the breakfast in Italy. I don't think that for the hotel management it was a right thing to do in a 3* hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple