Elite Hotel
$135
$93
$112
Agoda.com
All reviewsfox restaurantgreen lightexpat explorethe busvisiting venicewashing machinemarco polo airportminutes walk awaybuy the ticketsperfect hotelcomfortable staycontinental breakfastgood sizetour groupcomfortable roomsthe hotel offersmodern hotel
Reviewed August 11, 2013

When we got off the train we asked locals for hotel Elite on Marghera. Basically we were told elite just means special and that it wasn't the hotel name. They honed in on Maghera and sent us in the wrong direction. The hotel was very modern and the beds were nice. I found out the kitchinette in our room with clothes washer comes with an extra charge which is prohibitively expensive for washing clothes. The breakfast was expansive with many choices. There is a self laundry within a 10-15min walk up via Forte. The coin changer only gives tokens for that laundramat, so don't put in a 20 euro note like I did :(. A 5 min walk and 10 min bus ride will get you to Venice. Take a street map for Venice. It's a lot of walking. The Gondolas charge about 80 euros an hour and always take you back to the spot you got on unless you pay them extra, so don't think of it as a water taxi. The local wine was excellent 10-15 euros a bottle. Our return trip to the hotel late that night was difficult. Couldn't find the exact bus the hotel had recommended, so we were dropped off by a non English speaking bus driver 4-5 blocks from the hotel late at night in an unfamiliar area with him gesturing and giving directions in Italian. Not good for tired feet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drew_doc1
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in July 2013. We booked a twin room and were located on the 4th floor. The room was a good size, and we had a view of a canal outside our window. The shower glowed Green which was different. We had a minifridge in the room which was great for keeping a couple drinks/beers cold for us. The beds were comfortable no complaint on my sleep.

The check in was a little bit slow, and the wifi is a bit ridiculous as they provide you with access but only one person can be on it at a time. Since there were two of us in the room we couldnt be on it at the same time, which we were only in the hotel at night and before bed which is the time we both want to be on it. This was so inconvenient and something they should fix. You should at least offer 2 people access per room.

The location was a little bit far from mestre station, you had to take the bus, but it does stop right infront of the hotel. The hotel to go to Venice is actually right behind the hotel as well and brings you directly there in about 15 minutes. It isn't very close to any restaurants, you got a good 15-20 minute walk but once you do there are a lot of great places to choose from. I found the food a lot better here then in Venice, and cheaper too.

Venice is super expensive so to stay in this area is ideal for those on a budget. The breakfast was not very good here. Really no selection, and the milk was warm, I just didn't really eat much, and I travel to Europe a lot so I am use to the Eurpean breakfast.

They do not have a luggage room here so your bag just sits beside the desk available for anyone to go through.

Overall, It was an okay stay... bang for buck, but I wouldn't book it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We (a couple <30 y.o.) stayed 1 night at this hotel and experienced::
- Friendly english speaking professional staff!
- Very good breakfast
- Design rooms
- Fitness
Our hair dryer went broken, so they repaired it within 10 minutes and apologized like 10 times :)
... Well, all in all i wish i had spent all my stay in Venice at this hotel! our expectations were high but they were even exceeded! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was traveling for work and needed to be near the cruise ship port. This hotel was conveniently located for that...but Mestre itself was not that nice of a place to stay (very industrial, not "romantic" like Venice). It was very easy & inexpensive (3 euro r/t) to take the bus into the center of Venice. Upon check-in you are given very clear, written instructions on how/where to catch the bus.

My "single" room was on the 5th floor and had great valuted ceilings (and a huge bed - definitely not a "single" bed). The bathroom & shower were top-notch and had "interesting" colored disco lights you could turn on...in case you feel like livening up your routine shower. =)

This hotel had a fantastic breakfast buffet (continental) and free wireless internet. I found most of the staff to be very friendly and helpful (the blonde woman working the front desk...not so much. Everyone else was great!).

If I was on a "holiday" this hotel probably wouldn't be what I would picture in my mind for a Venice/Italian experience. For work, it was perfectly suited to my needs.

Room Tip: My room on the 5th floor (514) had vaulted ceilings. Definitely makes the room seem much more spacious!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived late in the evening, and the receptionist spoke very little English and knew nothing about the arrangements we had made for the cycling tour that started the next morning. After some reminding and improvisation, we worked things out.

Rooms are clean, neat, but a bit small. This is probably typical of the Venice area. Breakfast selection was fine, typical Continental fare.

This is a perfectly decent hotel for boarding when in the Venice area. Train station is a few hundred yards away, the hotel is right next to a pretty scenic canal and marina.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends