Just a quick note when booking your hotel in Venice do not be confused by booking "Venice Mestre" as we were as this is not actually the island of Venice, Italy itself but a suburb of sorts. We actually arrived via train in Venice and were surprised to have learned that we booked the hotel which was about 20 KM away from the island. We took a cab from the train station which cost $25 however the hotel front desk staff who were very friendly and accommodating informed us that for $1.30 you could take the metro bus service right to the island and it was common to see people with luggage on the bus doing just that.
Keeping in mind that this hotel is not on the island would explain the very reasonable nightly costs. We stayed in early May for approx. $165 per night, as opposed to the $300-400 plus nightly costs staying on the actual island.
As mention front desk was friendly, rooms were larger in comparison to any others we had stayed in either Rome or Florence, this was a pleasant surprise and an upgrade in decor and remodel from our experience in other European cities. Continental breakfast however was NOT included and the restuarant although very pretty and charming was a little pricey but worth a look. We also used the outdoor pool which was very cold even for Canadians and the grass surrounding pool was not manicured but this could simply be as it was early in the spring season.
Over all hotel was a pleasant experience would likely stay again if given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre is midway between Venice's historic centre and Venice Marco Polo Airport. It offers free Wi-Fi, parking and an outdoor pool.Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre has air-conditioned double rooms with free Wi-Fi, coffee/tea maker, free access to the 24-hour business centre and to the fitness centre.The restaurant serves classic Italian and international cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks and beverages can be purchased at the bar or in the Pavillion Pantry, Hilton's on-site market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre Hotel Mestre
- Capitol Palace Mestre
- Capitol Palace Hotel Mestre
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano Province Of Venice, Italy