Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano
$96
$112
Agoda.com
2,887 results
All reviewsthe busnice poolwater busesbus stop right outside the hotelexcellent hotelmarco polo airportshuttle serviceday passmodern hotelstayed here for nightsten minutesclose to the airporttakes minutesminute ridepublic transportationper persongrand canal
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a New Year Holidays. The hotel is close to Venice with good transport connection. The bus stops right outside the hotel which will take you to and from Venice.
The room was modern, clean and spacious. Very comfortable bed. I love it!
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you very much!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Venice.
Polina and Todor

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank poligirlbg
Hilton G, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your positive comment, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Venezia Mestre and wish you
Happy Easter

Cristina-Maria Pernechele

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I first stayed in this hotel in March last year (2012). We'd found it because HIlton sent me a promo email with various hotels in Europe on special offer. I looked at all of them and came up with the idea to go to Venice. I wrote a review on 2 April last year, and we were so happy with the whole experience we came back this year with our parents. I put quite a bit if info on that previous review, including about buses, so I won't repeat it here.

I'm happy to report everything is still great at this hotel. We paid EUR90 per room including breakfast for 2 - it was EUR 74 without breakfast. I've seen various negative comments in reviews about breakfast, and last year we went room-only. But this year, since we were in a group, it made sense to have breakfast. It was fine. The staff were good. It's not the best hotel breakfast I've ever had, but then again it's very cheap compared to most hotel breakfasts. There were a couple of cereals, cold meat and cheese, hot eggs, bacon and sausage, plus a lot of pastries and some fruit, yoghurt, etc. If you order coffee they'll give you 'American' coffee most likely, but you can order espresso, cappuccino etc and the staff are usually absurdly happy to have you order 'proper' coffee! I'm a tea drinker so ordered hot water - there was a great selection of teas but I stuck to English Breakfast like the true Brit I am! Suffice it to say that breakfast was fine for me to have the healthy options of fat-free yoghurt, cereal and fruit, and also worked for those in the party who wanted more treats.

We didn't dine at the hotel at any point but I would be happy to. We did use the bar a few times. All the staff were very good, though the breakfast staff occasionally harassed at busy times.

The rooms remain great and in great condition, with everything you need, including a decent hairdryer hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Showers were decent with good water pressure and everything spotless. I still really like having an empty fridge for your own use, and also having mineral water supplied daily (still and sparkling). The free wifi remains great and other hotels should take note on this. It wasn't the fastest, but it was fine.

As far as transport is concerned, we did see the potential down side this time as there was a transport strike on one day of our trip. However I knew this in advance so I booked the hotel's shuttle bus to take us into Venice in the morning, and back in the afternoon, which worked fine. The shuttle is EUR14 per room to go to the airport, which is definitely worth it if there are two of you. The bus is easy enough though so if you're alone, I'd go with the bus unless you have a lot of stuff. To book the hotel's shuttle bus to collect you, email the hotel in advance.

The design of this hotel is great, with everything 'just working'. The gym is one of the best hotel gyms I've been in, better than gyms in much swankier hotels. Small, but perfectly formed, is how I'd describe it. 2 treadmills, 2 recumbent bikes, a cross trainer, various free weights and weights machines, Swiss ball etc. Plus towels and water provided, and a very conveniently placed bathroom! Take headphones to plug into the TV units in the machines. I used the gym twice in the weekend making a good counterbalance to all the seafood and spritzes!

Definitely buy timed transport cards from Reception as they're a lot cheaper if you're going to use the vaporetti - EUR 30 for 48 hours, for example, and although the bus is really cheap (a couple of euro), the vaporetti are EUR7 per trip so it doesn't take much to clock up more than EUR30 of travel in 2 days.

Overall, the hotel is a brilliant addition to the Hilton stable and if all Hiltons worldwide were like this, I'd never stay anywhere else. And this is part of the more budget Garden Inn chain. Amazing.

There's no doubt I'm more enthusiastic about this because two years in a row we've gotten such good rates. But all in our group agreed we'd have been happy with the hotel even if we'd paid quite a lot more. It's not a good hotel 'for the money', it's just 'a good hotel'.

P.S. the only sad thing is the pool doesn't open until after Easter. That pool has been taunting me the last 2 trips! I'd love to have used it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I haven't stayed in a superior room but no need really as the standard are so good. I've had rooms on high floors overlooking the pool and I suspect this is slightly quieter due to the road outside.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JulesInSwindon
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here twice on two separate occasions while waiting for a cruise. Both times we were extremely satisfied with our stay.

The location is right next to one of the stops of Bus 5. That bus takes you between Piazzale Roma and the airport. If heading to the airport, you have to take an overpass that goes over the highway. The only downside is that the elevator doesn't work. It was tough with bags and a father who walks with a cain. We made it happen, but it was tough.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They are always ready to answer any question. Breakfast and the quality of food was wonderful both times. We had no complaints. Rooms were clean and internet connection was fast.

Though you aren't on the water or in the heart of traditional Venice, this place is certainly given its affordable rates and convenient location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel was amazing! My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend which I got at a very good price. The hotel is what you would expect from a Hilton, the rooms were very spacious and clean. The bus from the airport takes you right outside the hotel and takes about 15 minutes. There are bus stops right outside the hotel which take you to and from Venezia and costs about 3 Euros for a round trip and usually come every 10-15 minutes. The hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and always at our service. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Venice because you will not be disappointed. The only downside was that the weather wasn't warm enough to use the great swimming pool that the hotel had, other than that 10/10 for this Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arman57
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn sits right at the bus stop to Venice. 1.5 euro per trip or better yet buy the multiple day pass for the ATCV which includes unlimited water bus - a necessity in Venice. Don't bus to the train and take it to Venice which si what we planned on doing - the #5 and #19 buses are two stops and literally 5 minutes from Venice (the bus to the train station stops everywhere and takes 15 minutes just to get to the train). With that said it was a breeze to get to the train for the rest of our journey.

The hotel is very clean, updated, and has full facilities. If it was branded a full Hilton we would not have been disappointed. Definitely a cut above the HGI's we have in the USA. Rooms were quite nice, the WiFi was OK bandwidth wise. The buffet breakfast changed a bit each day and was not perfect - but it was a great start to the day. Hotel staff were very helpful with dinner, transportation and other questions.

Room Tip: Not a lot to see from the rooms - the hotel is a bit outside town.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank OregonDean-fb
Hilton G, Direttore generale at Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. I am glad that you were overall satisfied with all aspects of our hotel features and services and with our location, which indeed is only a few minutes bus ride from the historic Venice and from the Airport.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely