3,108 results
All reviewsthe busnice poolbus stop right outside the hotelwater busesmarco polo airportexcellent hotelday passmodern hotelshuttle serviceten minutesstayed here for nightsclose to the airportminute ridetakes minutesreception staffgrand canalbuy tickets
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife, son, and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, Mestre the night before our cruise on the premier curise of the Carnival Breeze. For 12 euros per room, we were picked up at the airport. Though a bit of miscommunication regarding pickup site delayed our connecting with the driver,all was resolved and we arrived within 10 minutes at the hotel. The hotel is outside of Venice, which we knew. The bus into Venice stops right in front of the hotel. We, however, took advantage of the 12 euro price to also book a transfer to the ship. Unlike the bus, we were brought right to the loading site of the ship. The actual room was a spacious two room mini suite(we were upgraded as Hilton Golds), with a sleeper in one room and full size/queen bed in the other. There were two tv's, though English channels were significantly limited. The room was quite comfortable. Unfortunately, we overlooked the pool and there was a party that evening. It was quite noisey, but it ended a little after 10:00 p.m. The staff was quite accomodating, even recommending a local pizzaria(when they could have just stuck to their guns and insisted that there restaurant was the best). We really appreciated their honesty(not that there was anything wrong with their restaurant as the breakfast was a solid Hilton Garden Inn breakfast). The grounds are quite attractive with a lawn surrounding the pool area. The hotel has wifi and a business office, though you need to get a specific password and id to use the office computers.

Overall, we would stay there again given the same circumstances.

Room Tip: Ask whether there is a function at the pool before accepting a room overlooking the pool. Otherwise, the room would be fine.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Loved this hotel. Getting to/from Venice island was easy. For 28 Euro each, we recieved a bus/water taxi pass for 48 hours. This allowed us to travel back and forth to the hotel (10 min trip) from Venice island and also use the water taxi. I would definitely stay here again rather than lug my bags around the island area. Very convenient. We had a car and the parking was free.
Breakfast was also very good. Only downside is that there isn't much in the area to walk to as far as meals, etc. go.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kimmycanoe
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Excellent staff, the best in our stay in Italy. Mauricio was especially helpful in solving a computer problem. Very comfortable beds. Earlier reviews complained about the breakfasts but they must have improved them, because we found them to be fine. As others have indicated, for some this is a better option that trying to stay in over-crowded Venice.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Venice and decided to stay just outside the city - saved some money which we invested in excellent food instead! I travel a good bit for business and usually pick a Hilton brand hotel - with this choice I was NOT disappointed. The rooms were modern and shower was AMAZING! Service and front desk were very good - they even loaned us an umbrella for a day when rain threatened our daily outing! Bus stop is right outside the hotel and only about 10 minutes from bus/train terminal in Venice. Was an amazing hotel and was very pleased with our choice. Only minus is that there is not much around the hotel itself as far as restaurants go - somewhat industrial - but we just went into Venice every night anyways. On the last day there was very clear weather and we could actually see the Alps from our window! Very cool! The only lacking part was the breakfast offering - not very good - suggest getting breakfast elsewhere unless you get it included in room rate.

Room Tip: Backside of the hotel is better in my opinion - but honestly there is not much to see around the hotel so it doesn't really matter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Unfortunetly we were so disapointed with the service we recieved here that it overlooked that its a great hotel that is clean and modern.

it takes 10 minutes by the bus to get into venice and then another approx 30mins on the water taxi to get to the main area

We arrived to check in and there was a big line, we were quite suprised, but we waited patiently. Alot of people in the line were complaining as they were waiting so long to either check out on in and thought more people should be on the desk to assist and ths process should be made easier.
We waited 20 minutes and when i got to the start of the line the guy said "no i cant check you in now its more important to check out people so you will have to wait" I asked him how long to wait and he said check in was after 2pm. which i would have been fine with if he would let me ask to keep my bags but he wouldnt. I also asked when i could try check in again as it said check in was from 12pm and we were tired from our trip there and he said he didnt know.

So we sat down in the lobby for 1 hour, during this time there was a line the whole time with people waiting trying to check in or out and you could tell people were quite frustrated.
After 1 hour i lined up again for another 30 minutes and asked if they could either take my bags so we could at least get some lunch or check in yet. Others were also wanting the same. He said they needed to check people out.
I told him how tired we were and said i would just be happy for our bags to be taken. So they said fine we will check you in, it took 2 minutes to check in and tell us a room was ready. He handed me the room key and that was it. He seemed quite annoyed with me which made me upset as we dont like to upset people and did not make any sort of scene.

Anyways we found our own way to our room and around the hotel etc as the guy had not said anything to us when we got our key.
Later we came back to ask how to get into venice we had to line up again as they were still checking people in/out, 20 minutes later i asked for a map of venice and how to get there, he handed me the map and said the bus stops out the front.
Unfortunetly they just did not have the time of day to tell us anything about how to get into Venice or any attractions.
I asked him about the internet and any other services and he simply handed me the password for the internet.
I was so disapointed, i know they were busy but we obviously were asking for assistance.
I wanted to know things like how to get to the airport, where we could eat etc but he simply acted as though he had no time for me.

Anyways the actual hotel is very clean and modern, there is a good pool and gym and resturant.
The breakfast was a bit average considering its a nice hotel and when i asked for gluten free for breakfast they could not accomodate me and just simply said no.
Every hotel in italy has accomodated my dietary requirement until this one so i was very suprised. and also disapointed that the staff only seemed to have 1 word answers which were not very useful for all our questions. Maybe when we were there they were really busy and simply didnt have time to help us

Perhaps there could be more staff on reception to help and also staff could be alot more friendly, because it was really disapointing

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple