We live an hour from Venice but have never actually stayed there to enjoy the night life. So we checked into the Hilton for a few days on vacation and we enjoyed our stay. At first we were a little disappointed because the lady we talked to on the phone when we made our reservation told us we'd have a view of the pool from our room. However, upon arriving, we had a view of the main road which is nothing but construction right now. Not a huge deal, but a disappointment nonetheless.
Also, for being a Hilton "Garden" Inn, there wasn't as much greenery as I would've liked. The hotel sits right next to a busy road (which is currently under construction), and behind it sits a small field of weeds, then buildings in the back. Not very pretty to look at unless you get a room with a view of the pool.
After I read the previous reviews about how bad the restaurant is, we were worried about eating there upon arriving. But we decided to try it, and we honestly didn't know what all the fuss was about. We are American's who have been living in Italy for 3 years now, so we are used to eating out at Italian restaurants. Nothing seemed any different to us. The food was good and the service was good. The menu was a bit limited, and the portions were a tad bit small (which is normal in Italy), but over all, it wasn't nearly as bad as some made it out to be. At breakfast I overheard another American warning his friends about the coffee, suggesting it was way too strong. However, in Italy, their coffee is naturally stronger than American coffee. It's espresso coffee. This should not be used against the restaurant simply because Italians make their coffee differently than Americans. Same thing with the food. If you come to Italy with the expectation to have the food and service exactly the same as in America, then surely you will be disappointed. Come here with an open mind, and you will have a better experience.
The breakfast buffet was nice. It was well stocked and there were plenty of staff standing around ready to replenish things. The only thing that bothered me was there was only one waffle maker and we had to wait about 10 minutes for our turn. They should most definitely invest in a second one. How expensive could a second one be, really?
Housekeeping was very nice, and they did a great job keeping our room clean while we were there. The rooms were nice, but a bit smaller than what we expected from their website. Also, for being such a nice hotel, you'd think they'd give us nicer toilet paper. Their toilet paper was thin and papery... I know this is just a detail, but details are important when it comes to hotels. And if we are paying over $200 a night for a nice room, surely one would expect to have good toilet paper!!
We took a small dog with us, and there was plenty of places to walk her, including a near by walk path and river. The staff were very friendly toward our dog, and they didn't charge us a fee for keeping her with us. That was nice.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, and would definitely come back. The bus stops right in front of the hotel, so it was easy to hop on and go to the Islands. Very simple. And if you have a car, you can drive to the mall and hit the open markets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre is midway between Venice's historic centre and Venice Marco Polo Airport. It offers free Wi-Fi, parking and an outdoor pool.Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre has air-conditioned double rooms with free Wi-Fi, coffee/tea maker, free access to the 24-hour business centre and to the fitness centre.The restaurant serves classic Italian and international cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks and beverages can be purchased at the bar or in the Pavillion Pantry, Hilton's on-site market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre Hotel Mestre
- Capitol Palace Mestre
- Capitol Palace Hotel Mestre
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano Province Of Venice, Italy