“Hotel Garibaldi, Mestre, Venice.”
Review of Hotel Garibaldi

Hotel Garibaldi
Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I hope this review will help future visitors to this hotel, it is impartial, subjective, and what I believe to be a true representation of my experience here. The hotel is about a 15 minute ride to the Piazza Roma in Venice which can be accessed by a number 2 bus just around the corner. All busses are packed and you usually have to stand, but thats ok, you are not alone! The hotel is near a main Plaza if you exit the main doors, turn left and just keep walking. One evening we found the Garabaldi Inn or some similar named eatery there and the meal we had for 9 euros was excellent! Back to the hotel, the rooms are basic, my disappointment with the room was that it was on the main road at the front of the hotel and there is a bar opposite. We were there on a Friday evening and they really enjoy themselves at the bar, and continued to do so until 3.30am in the morning! If staying at the hotel I would advise you ask for a back room away from the main road. Breakfast is ok, no full english available, but perfectly adequate and the staff are very friendly. There is no pressure and you can pretty much do as you please. TV in your room is in Italian, no English channels. In our room shutters completely obliterated the windows and we couldn't open them, but as we were there only 2 nights it didn't seem worth asking them to do anything about it. By the way, to reach this hotel from Marco Polo Airport we had to catch a bus to Mestre railway station and then another no. 2 to the hotel. It pays to buy an AVTO ticket for however long you are in Venice to access unlimited travel on both the busses and vaporatto's, we bought a 36 hr ticket which was 25 Euro's per person and good value for money. This hotel is good as a short-stay no frills accommodation, but not for a longer holiday in my view, horses for courses. I hope this review helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear of the hotel or not facing the main frontage.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tiguletus
Grazia Z, Owner at Hotel Garibaldi, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review and the tips you shared with the other users!

We will make best usage of your suggestions, and please contact us when you have issues next time, we will be happy to support!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Garibaldi

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Hotel is ideal for those traveling on a budget. Access to Venice is easy using the bus stop just outside, with tickets purchased from the front desk. Bed was comfy enough but hard pillows! Room was clean throughout. Only minor moan was the lack of choice at breakfast, mostly yogurts and cereal. If improved our rating may have gained an extra star! Overall would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review!

We are happy we have pleased you overall, and surprised by your comments about our breakfast. It is something that usally customers appreciate of our services, including bread and croissants, eggs, ham and cheese, fruit... our apologies if we have not guided you well enough among this.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Easy to find and only a few mins walk from the centre of Mestre. Situated on the bus route straight into Venice (although a 25 min bus ride, was very, very cheap for a return ticket, sold over the hotel reception). Very friendly family run small hotel. The room was basically furnished but very clean. There was a huge selection of breakfast available (but not your 'full English'). A great stay for us and I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 77Linda
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Garibaldi at first I could not find it and no one I asked seemed to know where it was. I got a taxi and paid 13 euros for a 10 min ride. I later found out that directly opposite the main train station (I came on the train from Rome) the No 2 bus stops just yards from the hotel costing 2 -3 euros this bus also goes directly to venice. I feel that the hotel should let people know about the No 2 bus.
I was met by a not that friendly female receptionist who more or less just showed me my room and went not even offering to carry a bag ( not that I wanted her too).

The room was ok but the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything people say in the next room. There was tv but all the channels were in Italian I think as lots of English people go to Italy they could have had one e.g a news channel in English. Bathroom was ok. Also I was annoyed by the cleaners coming round at 9am I could here a woman coughing as if to say I should get out of the room. As I was on holiday I did not want to rush around getting up to early 10am would be a better time to clean I felt pressurised to leave my room by 9am.

There was one member of staff an older man who was very very nice and helpful but the rest of them I found frosty and unfriendly. I think the next time I would stay much closer to the station the area around this is hotel is ok but basic. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank louise364
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Truly recommended ,few steps from the Mestre centro ,wonderful squre ,full with restorans,shops ,bus for Venice stop in front of hotel , reception staff are helpful ,good value for 3-stars hotel ..only breakfast was poor ....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Radmila Z
Grazia Z, Owner at Hotel Garibaldi, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for you review!

With kind regards,

Grazia, Luigi & Stafff

Reviewed September 16, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Golinaz

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Chose this hotel mainly because it is Thomas Cook recommended and because it was more or less in the right price bracket.
The first negative is it's actual location which is much further from Venice than anticipated.
Whilst the immediate area of Mestre surrounding the hotel is quite pleasant it is no Venice and never will be and this and other hotels in the town are purely trading off the popularity of Venice under false pretences.
Yes there is a good bus service into Venice which stops just outside of the hotel but don't expect a seat because it's always full up!
The hotel itself is clean enough but very dated and the bedrooms are small, dark and dismal.
The en-suite is a cramped, low quality shower cubicle and the towels supplied are derisory.
Plus points are the air-con unit and quite comfortable albeit small beds.
Finally the reception staff come across as very cold and not that helpful!

Room Tip: If you still want to brave it then request a room at the front of the hotel which will not be as qui...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had in our structure. Luckily other guests are showing different reactions to our offer.

We are particularly surprise of the bad impression you had of mestre, test most of out guasta find nice ance very convenient to visit Venice.

Wishing you the best!