“Good value inexpensive hotel”

Quality Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre
Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I very recently stayed for 3 nights at Quality Hotel Delfino in the town of Mestre, located over the causeway from Venice. I found the hotel to be very clean and the staff most helpful. The breakfast was provided and was of good quality with plenty of choices. A hearty breakfast fortified my 12 year old grandson and myself for our long days in and around Venice. The hotel is located on the number 4 and 4L bus route which takes you strait to the bus terminal in Venice. We purchased a 72hr travel card from the hotel which offers bus, ferry and light rail services in and around the local areas. All in all a pleasant stay in a good value hotel that I would certainly recommend to friens and family visiting Venice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marilyn883
There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked Delfino but I ended up in Ambasiadori that is next door. Same style and looks really. Both 4 stars. Both under the same management. There are two options when it comes to Venice accommodation. Pay triple and stay on the island or pay normal prices and stay here!
Accommodation wise, these two hotels are as close as it gets to Venice but no in Venice. We used the bus that stops literally outside, and was quite frequent but busy. In 10' we were in Venice.
Rooms wise, they are standard 4* (Italian*. American citizens you will not agree with the star system, but for EU standards this is a true 4*) with two big twins held together making a king size double. Good size and TV with many English-speaking channels. Wifi free....but why am I telling you about the room? You are not going to spend anything more than a night's sleep in the room, are you?
Breakfast wise, again, the standard European buffet in a nice big room and good quality unlimited coffee.
Needless to say that if you are driving to Venice, look no further. Free parking and so close to Venice? Are you kidding me? You pay 2.50€ to have a pee in Venice....
So if you are budget conscious or you can not justify the fat Venice prices for tiny noisy rooms not overlooking the Rialto, because if they were, you were not care to read 4* reviews in here, this is a clever and very convenient option.
And a tip: If you fly from Treviso late at night and you need to store luggage for the day so you can visit Venice before you catch the bus (that again stops 5'walk from the hotel) store them for free at the hotel. In Venice train station they will charge you min 5€ per item (no matter how small how big) for the first 5h!

4  Thank gsakis
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here in April on the last night before flying out early from Marco Polo Airport. The hotel is right on both the bus line from the train station and the line to the airport, couldn't be easier unless it was a limo! The rooms are good size, clean, and modern. The bathrooms are small but functional, and the staff was very helpful. There is a restaurant and bar on the second floor, but we didn't eat there, and had to leave before breakfast was served (we took the 6:15am bus), so I can't comment on the breakfast. I would stay there again for the same reason, of if I was going to commute into Venice for a day or two.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the back side of the hotel if you want a quiet room, since the front of the hotel is...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

OMG! Top 10 reasons to avoid booking into this hotel.
#10 - A very unwelcoming staff and would not acknowlege our existence as we were trying to get checked in.
#9 - After checking in the keys would not activate after two attempts to get corrected.
#8 - Bedroom mattress hard as a rock and springs can be felt when resting on it (the pullout couch is more comfortable than the bed).
#7 - Floors were very dusty dirty
#6 - Bathroom so small it is hard to manuver. Did have a bidet, butt could not use it.
#5 - Bottle of wine promised never showed
#4 - Had to request more towels and more pillows as they were flat as pancakes
#3 - We booked and paid for two separate rooms but received one room that had a sitting room with a pullout couch. (By the way what we paid for we could have stayed at the Ritz for a week. (Did I mention there were four of us expecting two separate rooms,)
#2 - Did we mention how unfriendly the front desk staff were.
#1 - What we booked and paid for is not what we got. We overheard other guests complain about the same things we experienced. See a trend?

Bottom line is we did not get what we booked and paid for. The staff was rude and definitely would not help correct the error. THIS HOTEL DID NOT DELIVER!!!

Room Tip: don't book this Hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travelled with a friend to Venice and we actually decided to stay in Mestre because prices in Venice were extremely high. We choose this hotel and did not regret it! Hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from Mestre train station in very nice green street. It is very conveniant for Venice visit because there is a bus station right in front of the hotel from which bus 4L will take you to Piazzale Roma in Venice. Bus goes every 15-20 inutes and you can actually by the tickets in the hotel. Rooms in hotel are very spacious - we got apartment consisting of one bedroom one room with sofa and LCD in it and bathroom. Bed are spacious - only remark I had was the blanket on the bed. I just hate blankets, especially in hotels. Bathroom is clean and not too big but it has evertything you need. Reception staff - very discreet and professional. There is a supermarket right next to the hotel - for same last minute cheese shoppoing :-). Overall, nice stay in 4* in Mestre.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ranija
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were booked in here as part of pre cruise package for 2 nights.

Positives, very handy for 4L bus to Piazzale Roma, you can buy Vaporetto tickets in hotel reception. Great little local restaurant, Hostario Vita Rossa just around the corner, well worth a visit, the ravioli was superb, fridge in room is handy for beer wine which you can stock up with from excellent supermarket next door.
Negatives, breakfast at €10 is steep, room decor dismal. Also front desk booked us a local taxi to take us to cruise terminal for a set price €30, bit steep for a 10 minute drive, when we got there the licensed bandit demanded €45. Hotel should be more selective about the companies they use rather than have their gusts ripped off like this.
Going back to the airport we gave taxi's a miss and caught the people mover €1 and airport bus from Piazzale Roma to Marco Polo Airport for €6 each.

Room Tip: Rooms on 6/7 floor no street noise
3  Thank mickrory1
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel is about 15 mins on bus from station in Venice and as the stop is immediately outside the hotel this makes the hotel a reasonable choice for locale alone. We arrived after having travelled all day to be greeted by a glum young man on reception who had obviously had a bad day and decided to forgoe any attempt at welcoming us to the hotel. Ok... Not that bothered to be honest, just desperate to get to our room and go to the restaurant. First off, my husbands wheelchair would not fit in the elevator so he had to get out and we went up in separate journeys. Ok...still holding on to a bit of optimism. Room was very small but it was clean, modern and comfortable enough. Nice bathroom, bed a bit uncomfortable and view out back is depressing. The area around the hotel seems a bit seedy altogether; lots of men hanging around trying to sell you stuff and looking a bit shifty but maybe I'm just paranoid.
We had been on the road for 15 hours and had not eaten a proper meal all day so we decided to go immediately to the hotel restaurant. It was fairly busy but we were shown to a seat by the maitre d quite quickly. We then sat for half an hour before even being offered a drink and placing our order. The maitre d then proceeded to ponce around chatting and having a laugh with his chums at one table and ignoring the rest of the clientelle, most of whom looked as tired and annoyed as my husband and I. When he was taking our order the maitre d decided that it was obviously good manners to tut and correct our pronunciation of the food on offer and when I asked him a question he huffed and spoke to whilst looking away. Now, I'm a firm believer in not complaining about food or service before your meal is served as I know what can happen to it before it arrives, so I said nothing. We then decided to have a dessert and this appeared to anger the maitre d even more. He marched over to the freezer and pulled out a tub of ice cream, ripped off the lid and then dropped the tub on the floor. A few folk tittered and I heard someone say 'I wonder who's getting that for pudding'. Yep folks, it was me. Now when the tub fell on the floor none of the contents appeared to touch the floor but that's not really the point, is it? We then sat for ages waiting for the bill and when I could wait no more got up and walked over to the desk. I asked if the meal could be charged to our room and he replied 'yessssssssss' through gritted teeth. He actually gritted his teeth at us! Unbelievable. I have never come across such bad manners and would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. Disgusting behaviour, which was a shame as the food was decent enough. I cannot stress strongly enough that it is worth your while buying a sandwich from the supermarket next door rather than put up with this type of episode better still, take a three minute walk to Hostaria Vite Rossa to experience a proper welcome and astoundingly good food and lovely customer service.

3  Thank DHDS38