The Best Western Bologna is ideal for those people that (for varius reasons) want to stay on the Mestre mainland and easily commute to Venice daily. Both the train station and the bus stop to and from Venice are just accross the street.
I totally recommend it for many reasons. The hotel's internal design has resulted into modern and functional common spaces as well as spacious and elegant guest-rooms. Such an eye-for-the-detail (yet not actually for luxury) is uncommon even in 5* hotels.
The surprisingly capacious guest room was thoroughly clean when we entered, but the daily house keeping was significantly less thorough. A quick bed making, a superficial swabbing of the bathroom floor and emptying out the carbage. This is the point where a bit more effort would really count...
The breakfast is simple (hot breakfast items are limited to fried bacon and scrambled eggs) but everything is so fresh. Do not miss the croisants, especially the one with the cream filling. The best French coffee I had in Venice is served at the table, for free.
The a-la-carte restaurant was closed (!!!!!!!!) for lunch or dinner, but we had twice our dinner at the hotel's Bistro. Food in Venice is more often bad than good, but the Bistro did serve good meals for fair prices. On the first night, we were served by Daniel who was very friendly, polite and professional. The service on our second visit was adequate but rather indifferent.
Reception staff are very helpfull and polite. Ready to give you advice on where to go and how to move around. Get a map and buy your tickets (train, bus or vaporetto) from the hotel reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is located right across from Mestre railway station, and is ten minutes by train or bus from the center of Venice and the Grand Canal. It's easily accessible from the airports of Venice and Treviso and from the motorway. If you leave your car in the parking lot of the hotel you will be able to go and discover the wonders of Venice very easily. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is also at the center of many tourist itineraries of great interest and fascination, as - for example - the villas of the Riviera del Brenta, the artistic cities of Padua, Vicenza and Verona, the beautiful view of the hills around Treviso, not to forget the nearby beaches and the beautiful Dolomites. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna has been operating for more than a century, with a strong passion for hospitality and with a recognized high standard in competence and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Bologna - Mestre Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bologna Hotel
- Best Western Mestre
- Mestre Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Bologna - Mestre Station Province Of Venice, Italy