We recently stayed at the BW Bologna on our last night in Venice. It is much easier to get to the airport from Mestre (especially for early morning flights) and this hotel is just steps from the train station. It is a very modern hotel (although it's very old!) and everything has been recently renovated (the rooms look like an Ikea showroom!). The hotel will help you purchase train and bus passes, not to mention that they reserved us a taxi for a 4:30am pickup for the airport (15 minutes from the hotel, 35E).
The bathroom was large, modern and clean. The bedroom area was a good size (for a European hotel) and the flat panel TV has English speaking stations! There was a frig, safe, and plenty of storage. Also, there was free WiFi that worked great in the room as well as complimentary laptops in the lobby to use if you didn't have your own.
When checking out, there was a 4.80E city tax, but other than that, no surprises.
The city of Mestre was lovely to walk around and there are restaurants and grocery stores very close by. Try the "Soul Kitchen" restaurant right across the street for a very nice dinner.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to those who have early morning plane or train plans and it is also an easy base for those going over to the island. It only cost the two of us 2.40E (total) for us to take the train from Venice to Mestre (because all trains stop in Mestre).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is located right across from Mestre railway station, and is ten minutes by train or bus from the center of Venice and the Grand Canal. It's easily accessible from the airports of Venice and Treviso and from the motorway. If you leave your car in the parking lot of the hotel you will be able to go and discover the wonders of Venice very easily. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is also at the center of many tourist itineraries of great interest and fascination, as - for example - the villas of the Riviera del Brenta, the artistic cities of Padua, Vicenza and Verona, the beautiful view of the hills around Treviso, not to forget the nearby beaches and the beautiful Dolomites. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna has been operating for more than a century, with a strong passion for hospitality and with a recognized high standard in competence and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bologna Hotel
- Best Western Mestre
- Mestre Best Western
- Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna Province Of Venice/Mestre, Italy