“Not bad / Not 3*” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Vienna, Austria
“Not bad / Not 3*”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I traveled to Venice and stay at Club Hotel, because it is relatively cheap and have good bus connections to Venice. But the room has a bad smell, and the internet is not available in the hotel during our stay. Overall, it was not a good choice except its location and I would not recommend it...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Saeed_82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

I selected this hotel on the basis of its customers ratings and the price and I was not disappointed when I reached the hotel. It is a good three star hotel with almost all facilities. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Rooms are clean and big enough. Bathroom is spacious too and I also liked the breakfast they served. It was not included in my hotel rent but I paid 5EUR per day and it was good. The only bad thing about the hotel is the distance from Venice. Although there are direct buses every half and hour from Venice to hotel but still staying in Venice would be an altogether different experience I believe. But I have no regrets as I knew the distance and I still selected the hotel. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to everybody who is looking for cheap and good stay in Mestre.

Direct bus from Venice bus station with name "Treviso". The bus will drop you in front of hotel. Just tell the driver "Club Hotel'. You get it every 30 minutes and last bus is 8:55PM.

From Mestre bus station you can catch bus H2. It takes around 10 minutes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Ankur J
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed in the Club Hotel for three days and then came back for a further two days to extend my visit to Venice. Hotel close to both Marco Polo & Treviso airport & Mestre train Station - about 10 - 20 minutes by local bus take bus H2 from outside Mestre train station direct to hotel - 2 euros so don't pay for a taxi!. First room was clean and comfortable - slightly small but adequate for a short stay as a solo traveller; second room much larger & with balcony obviously decided to upgrade me as I'd returned within a few days! Breakfast sufficient to 'fill up' on & get you through to lunch easily - boiled eggs available but you have to look for them! Staff very helpful at all times - day & night - no bar but night reception will make coffee [1.50 euro] or serve bottkled beer [3 euro] in small lounge even late at night. Bus outside hotel straight through to Venice bus station in Piazza Roma for Grand Canal and main water bus [vaporetto] stops. Tobacconist by hotel sells combined bus and water bus tickets valid for various times e.g. 36 hours = 23 euros make sure you validate on bus. Gondolas are very expensive 80 euros for 20 minutes BUT you can get a traghetto [same as a gondola] to cross the Grand Canal with the locals for less than 1 euro!! John, Wolverhampton UK October 2010

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank johnkj
Bucuresti
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

When we entered the room for the first time we smelled something weird but we said maybe because we were tired...but it's wasn't this.We slept there for 3 nights and I was verry happy leaving that place.It smelled like feet and even if we opened the window the smell didn't go away. Other bad thing was that the last buss going back from the train station in Mestre to the hotel leaves at around 9.20 and it's very far from.The last buss from Venice leaves at 8.55 so if u want a romantic diner or a walk after dark in Venice... u shouldn't stay at this hotel or come by car.All in all the hotel wasn't verry bad except for 3 things: smell,far from train station and no breakfast included in the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Mestre hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

When I arrived at Club Hotel I was assigned a room with a very strong odor. I went to the desk and asked to be given another room. The manager refused as he said it was the only room available. I asked to be released from the contract and he again refused. I asked him to place me in another hotel and he again refused.

He assured me he would "tend to the room" while I went to dinner. When I returned he said he had sprayed the room and I found the odor was reduced. However, the next morning it was a strong as ever. I again complained, but he disregarded my complaints. I suggested that this mold problem could be a serious health risk for anyone with an allergy to mold. He seemed unmoved.

I was never given the courtesy of another room nor an apology for the problem. I returned to Mestre after a short trip to Slovenia, but I did not stay in this hotel again.

The smell in the room permeated into the hallway near the room. The mold problem was not noted in other areas, however.

I believe there was a water leak in the room earlier and the water soaked the very old and dirty carpeting. Because they did not remove the carpet and/or clean it properly it actually molded. The carpet had a very dirty, black appearance, though the original color was orange.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I will not recommend this hotel for any one. Rooms have some mysterious bad smell...
No WI-FI connectivity ...
Yes there is a bus service right in front of this hotel ..but this hotel seems like out of the town ..and out of action ....Even to reach hotel from airport we need to take 2 different buses ..and no body knew this hotel ....
a big NO from my side

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

clean rooms and toilets, good buffet breakfast from 7.30 to 10.30 in the morning- making it easier to eat as early as possible and leave for venice. well conncted to railway station and to venice by frequent buses. the photos of this hotel on trip advisor are realistic ones- i saw them and chose the place- was not dissapointed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family