Michelangelo Venice Hotel
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
Hotel Adria(Mestre)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsminute walk from the hotelsmall roompublic transportvisiting venicestopveneziakeyseuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel is actually in Mestre, just outside of Venice. The bus stop is just across the street, and the desk sells bus tickets to get you to Venice (about a 20 minute ride). The rooms are gorgeous, the A/C is wonderful, and the free breakfast is an added bonus. It's so nice to get a full sized towel in Europe, and this place delivers! Chocolates on your pillow are a nice touch. We took a picture of our brocaded door, it was so unusual! The front desk is willing to please, and gave us a great dinner recommendation. We were surprised it was only $100 a night, as it was an impressive hotel. Free parking.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, and it was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vacationers62
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Wow! What a mess. It looks like I have time-machine and I came back to 80s. What do we have in this hotel?
Small rooms. No soundproof walls or doors - I heard everything happening in the hall. Strange service. Old elevators. Old walls. Old furniture. Old everything.

I don't know, why do they write that they are in Venice, because hotel is in Mestre. I don't know, why do they write that it has 4 stars, because it's a shame for 4 stars hotel to has such service and interiers.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ncknm
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My brother, his wife, my buddy and I stayed here during our road trip through Italy in May '09. Venice was our first stop in Italy after driving down from Munich. We drove down and used GPS to be able to find this place. We arrived late in the evening and had a little bit of trouble finding the place cause it was hidden behind another building on the main street. We almost drove away till I saw the sign for the hotel and decided to walk down a small narrow street and confirmed that the hotel was indeed back there. Had my brother park in their parking lot and then we all went inside to check in. The exterior of the hotel looks like something from the 70s and it is not close to any train station so heading into town is not easy. We drove over the bridge and parked at one of the parking structures on the island.

Entering the lobby, there is a feel of a luxurious hotel out of the 80s, luckily without the 80s colors. Lots of black through. The check-in process was easy and we got our keys to separate rooms. My buddy and I shared a double room with 2 full size beds. The room was just large enough to fit both beds and a large dresser with a TV. The bathroom was also just large enough. Everything about the room seemed to be simple but elegant. Nothing overdone, but nothing cheap looking. The beds, pillows, linens, and towels were all comfy and clean.

For the price, we enjoyed our stay although as my sister-in-law pointed out, the neighborhood looked like some rundown places back home. Next time we'll see if we can make advanced reservations for a place on the island.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2012

It is not in Venice but in Mestre. rooms are tiny, service is indifferent and it is not really a place to offer you a memorable experience. Rather cheap though.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ALMI64
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise for the reasonable price we paid. Very clean, comfortable, decent size, soundproof rooms, great breakfast and a lovely garden outside! Very close to the pedestrian center of Mestre with lots of shops and cafes and close to bus stop into Venice. Staff was very friendly and helpful with information. Not far from the airport taxi's bring you and your luggage. Perfect place to stay while sightseeing Venice without the hassel of carrying luggage into Venice. Ten minute ride to the crluise port. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seem quiet. We went with friends and no complaints...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple