“Bonjour!!!!!!Perfect Cruise Layover”

Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
East Orange, New Jersey
“Bonjour!!!!!!Perfect Cruise Layover”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Great location to public transportation. Breakfast a great added amenity. Hotel staff very accommodating and friendly. I would definitely stay here again as it is quite affordable. Check-in was a breeze as well as check out. Being that this was my first trip to Europe, I did feel a little apprehensive. However, the staff and manager answered my 50 million questions making me feel quite at ease with my surroundings and navigating the area.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank divak44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Antony Hotel is located some distance from Venice but still easily reached by bus, taxi,boat, etc.,
The hotel is well presented and fits well into the four starcategory. Rooms and bathrooms are large and clean. WiFi is available free to rooms.
Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: While thehotel restaurantis very good, there are a few restaurants worth trying not far from the hot...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ted D
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed I night before a cruise. Location was reasonable to Venice , Airport and cruise terminal, 15 euros everywhere. rooms were large enough, very clean and free WiFi, no complaints. Front desk was very helpful in arranging taxis to Venice, guide tour of country side and shuttle service to cruise ship. General Manger took the time to make sure we were taken care of and to make sure any questions were handled immediately. I found and booked this Hotel and 4 other couples then booked and stayed as well we were all very happy with the Location and high quality ( price is reasonable). I would stay again and recommend to everyone,

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the stairs as possible as noise travels up the stairwell
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bernie B
Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed July 17, 2014

After a hectic few days after our Med cruise & Venice, we taxied to pre-booked Hotel Antony. This indeed was one of the most relaxing, warm & welcomed hotel, we've stayed in a long time. The amenities were as described, and the personnel were stellar in their guest treatment. It was unfortunate that the hotel shuttle couldn't get close to our ship Celebrity Equinox at the ship terminal, nor were we able to contact Hotel Antony from our ship. Nonetheless, Hotel Antony certainly merits a 5 star rating. Note: if staying longer than one night, you may find restaurant selection sparse. - Larry L

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank klukenda
Landstuhl, Germany
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

When looking for a good park/cruise option in Venice, this was just about the only hotel we could find. We stayed there three nights and left our car there during our cruise. We had a "park and cruise" package that gave us breakfast, wifi, parking and a shuttle. While waiting for the shuttle to the port, I went up to the front desk to try and clarify how we would get the shuttle back to the hotel. I was told by a not-so-friendly staff person that the shuttle was only included one way. I showed her my email (which was in English) that said "to/from port." She said that if I wanted transportation from the port, I would have to stay that night at the hotel. I said that was not made clear (especially given the wording of the email) at the time of booking, plus we had already stayed THREE nights there, so it wasn't like we were trying to get out of paying for another night of lodging. I asked to speak to a manager, who was mysteriously unavailable. in the end, she reluctantly agreed that if I had been told I would be picked up, that they would pick me up. But the uncertainty caused me serious anxiety -- and it took almost an hour and a half and repeated phone calls (to the same unfriendly woman) to get picked up at the port. and there was another family waiting there to be picked up as well. I emailed corporate headquarters about the issue and never heard anything further. In the end, we concluded that although the hotel was fine and clean and convenient to the bus stop, if we could do it all over again, we would just have stayed elsewhere and parked at the port.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank llqool
Sogedin-Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Antony Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Sir,

thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. Regarding the problem you had with our shuttle bus service, we want to apologize for the inconveniences and for the issued you had with the staff on duty at that time. We have already taken actions against this and it won't happen again. The pre/post cruise offer on our website states:
For PRE CRUISE STAY: Shuttle Bus from Airport on arrival and to Cruise Terminal on departure;
For POST CRUISE STAY: Shuttle Bus from Cruise Terminal on arrival and to Airport on departure

But in your case, you did not use the shuttle on arrival since you came by car so you had the right to be picked up from the port instead.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Kind Regards

the hotel management.
Arkansas
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I could not have been happier selecting this hotel. I was afraid I would be disappointed but everything was great. They came and picked us up from the airport (note: the van has the umbrella company name on the side, not Antony) promptly and gave us good directions to catch the bus to Venice. The place is so clean and modern. Staff helpful. We arranged for a shuttle to our cruise and the driver went out of his way to make sure we were in the right spot, since we were not taking a larger cruise line and he was unfamiliar with the smaller port. I hope we tipped home enough!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Awilb
Mississauga
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Pros: Clean hotel, clean washrooms, 3-4 mins walk from the bus stop.. bus takes about 15 mins to get to Piazza Roma in Venice, large bedrooms.

Cons: They offer Wi-fi but it doesn't work, room decor is very outdated, vending machines in the hotel are usually empty

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rollerball999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mestre
Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano
Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport
Antony Palace Hotel
Antony Palace Hotel
#1 of 2 in Marcon

Been to Antony Hotel? Share your experiences!