“Good service; quiet, clean rooms”
Review of Ambasciatori Hotel

Ambasciatori Hotel
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Sackville, Canada
“Good service; quiet, clean rooms”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and enjoyed it. The staff were helpful and the rooms were quiet and clean. We stayed here because the hotel is about a 8 minute walk (or a short bus ride) to the Mestre train station (from which there is a 10 minute train ride over to Venice) and is better value than the hotels on the Venice side. Another bonus is that there is a grocery store next door. We would definitely stay here again.

6 Thank Em M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Hotel Ambasciatori is one the closest hotel to the exit from mestre towards Venice, making it a great option to stay there when visiting Venice.
Free parking is also important when using a car to visit the rest of northern italy. A/C is also very helpful, especially in the summer.
The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable, and quiet. We used a room facing the back, but it felt pretty soundproof so I wouldn't worry too much about not finding a room not facing the street (this is where the A/C becomes very important as well).

Anyway, especially if you find it in a god price (which we did), it is a really good option! you will certainly not be giving up anything in terms of anything you would want in a hotel.

3 Thank Netzer_Sh
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were spending a few days in Venice and Mestre looked a much cheaper option. This hotel claimed our room was normally £500 +and we had it for £150, on some special offer. Not sure how true to deal was but we took it.

The hotel felt a bit dated. The restaurant was dark wood, dark red carpet and some of the furniture and décor in the room felt aged. But apart from that it was a very nice stay. Everything was very clean, the service was excellent, parking in front of the hotel (although not many spaces), and a reasonable sized breakfast.

The bus stop is right in front of the hotel and it goes to the main station in Venice. You can get travel passes in the hotel. This gave us unlimited bus journeys in and out of Venice and unlimited Vaporetti usage in Venice. A few useful thing to purchase.

I think this place was a good find and good value. I wouldn't pay the non-offer price though, it's a bargain at £50 per night but I'd be horrified to pay almost £200 per night for it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amcs1983
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Accommodation in this hotel was a great experience, clean rooms, bath room where we sat was pretty small, but not all the rooms had this problem, although breakfast do not vary from day to day it was very good . Bus station for the bus leading directly to Venice was right outside the hotel and at the reception you could buy any ticket or subscription for the bus and vaporetto.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the boulevard.
4 Thank Alyna_Kytty
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was working in Venice and chose this hotel for location, transport link and price. I was very impressed. There is a bus stop outside the hotel, with frequent buses to and from Venice late into the night. You can get prepaid bus/water bus tickets for reduced price.
Check out the route map, utter heaven for those with obsessive compulsive tendency.
The hotel is also minutes walk from Mestre centre, where there is a small China town if you fancy food other than Italian. The main line train and bus stations are also here, with connections to airports and other Italian cities. Again, with previous planning, no one needs to pay inflated prices.
There is also a well stocked supermarket 1 door away from the hotel, for every day essentials minus tourist price tag. The neighborhood has several friendly bars, for under 2 euros, you get a drink and they throw in a generous basket of crisps. Also available are a variety of small pasta snacks, factory processed but beat the fast food available elsewhere.
Now, as for the hotel, clean, comfortable, courteous staff. The free WIFI is a little dodgy though.
Be mindful of the location, bring your ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
I would stay here again, no complaint.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the road side.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank siewping_lee
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was originally scheduled to spend my 4 nights in Venice/Mestre at the Delfino Hotel. However, as some posters have said before the Delfino pulled the okie-doke and cited that they were overbooked and booked me at their "identical sister community just next door". That was the first red flag.

Upon check-in the front office staff seemed short but competent. After receiving my key, I was given a room on the first floor. Upon opening the door I was greeted by an awful smell of stale food in my room. Not wanting to seem high maintenance I checked out my traveling companions' respective rooms (two different rooms, one across the hall and the other on a different floor) and I found that there room smelled pleasant.

I went downstairs to report this and they said that there is no way that my room could have that odor. When I invited the front desk attendant to have a smell, she said that she would just send a porter upstairs to spray air freshener. I asked if they had another room available and she said that the hotel was completely booked. Upset, I simply went upstairs cracked open windows and sprayed the room down with perfume until the porter could come. SURPRISE! After waiting an hour the porter never came. I went downstairs again and asked if she had an ETA on the porter and the front desk attendant gave me extreme attitude and told me that I needed to be patient.

At that point I knew that no one was ever coming to my room to spray so I simply unpacked and continued on with my plans. While the rest of the stay was standard and I had no complaints aside from the cold and impersonal staff at the front desk, this hotel is extremely average. Breakfast is standard and the rooms are standard and a bit dated if you don't receive a premium room advertised on the website.

There are tons of other hotels in Mestre and Venice, I would go with one of them over this one any day. While my stay wasn't terrible, I was constantly reminded by the lack of customer service each time I opened the door to my room and smelled stale food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JustLookingForFun
Andrea T, Direttore at Ambasciatori Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear guest,
being sure that your stay at our Ambasciatori could not been terrible we took good note about your comments and investigated regarding this stale food in room that you suffered upon arrival.
We apologize above all becouse our reaction was not immediate as usually we do, we can assure you in fact that our staff is trained to handle situation like you have had therefore we are a little surpraise to read about that. Secondly the proportion beetwin quality and price make our hotel one of the most competitive choice in the mainland hotels of Venice appreciated by thousand of guests that honoured us with their stay.

Travelers are raving about these Mestre hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2012 while on our bus tour, can't say that anyone from our tour was impressed with the hotel or amenities.
The lift could only take 2 passengers and 1 suitcase, the room air conditioning was not operating (we were told they cannot operate the air conditioners until latter in the season) despite the temperature being 27 degrees celcius, no fans were available, one couple in our group could not even get the window open (not that it made any difference due to the heat and outside noise). Only had flimsy cheap plastic cups in the room and no tea making facilities. The shower cubicle was small, I had trouble showering and i am of average build and stature, one of group was quite a bit larger than me an could not use the shower at all. Can't say it deserves a four star rating I would say more a 2 1/2 would be closer to it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple