“Great Hotel for stopover.”

Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
GreenLeadersGold level
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel for stopover.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Best Western Quid Hotel is warm , friendly with very helpful staff especially Alissia and Massimo.
The Hotel had adequate parking, easy check- in and out was easy and quick.
Breakfast was adequate with lots of choice and fresh produce.
The rooms were spacious and modern exceptionally clean, with nice wash products.
Beds were very comfortable and bed linen was clean and fresh.
The hotel overall was good, but I would say that most hotels we stay at could do with more child facilities i.e children's play area for younger children, it seems that they only cater for older children with Xbox and electronic gaming. But I know that they do cater very well for babies with special services, and women traveling alone.
We traveled with a dog who was made extremely welcome.

Overall experience was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Johanna L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Germany
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Can be a great choice if you fly to Venice. It's close to the airport, and also there is a bus near the hotel which can take you to Venice. The room is clean, and well furnished. The hotel offer pretty good breakfest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked this hotel specifically because they advertised a shuttle bus to the airport, and we had an early flight out of Venice. We took the shuttle to the hotel from the airport, and needed to return the next morning because of a flight cancellation. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that the shuttle did not run early in the morning. The front desk staff were not particularly helpful, but did book a cab for us. When we checked out, they had charged us 30 E for the shuttle (a six minute ride), and had confirmed with the cab for a 60 E fare! On the positive side, the hotel is a clean, well kept chain hotel, and the fellow in the bar was friendly. You don't book an airport hotel for the view - getting to and from the airport is key, and they certainly did a poor job of this.

2 Thank Mom_Daughter32
FrancescoLaPietra, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest from Canada

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Quid Hotel Venice Airport on TripAdvisor. I believe that guests’ comments are increasingly important to strengthen the quality of our services.

I’m hugely sorry for what happened during your stay, please accept my sincere apology. I regret you did not set you doubts at the reception, our staff would have certainly clarified them.

We are proud that you chose our Quid Hotel Venice Airport, and we will continue to do our best to be worthy of your selection.

We are waiting for a future opportunity to better serve your lodging needs.

Sincerely

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here one night since we were flying out of Venice airport the next day. The "shuttle service" was extremely inconvenient and took about half an hour of back and forth phone calls with the hotel in order to arrange a meet up location. Then they charged us for the supposedly free shuttle service. We asked about the shuttle the next morning as we had an early flight out and the front desk staff just blew us off and said the shuttle wouldn't run that early we would have to catch a cab. We asked again later about the shuttle and they said that the early one was already full. It was quite clear they were just hoping we would stop asking and go away. The front desk staff were snobby and unhelpful, bordering on rude. The rooms were fine, and we did have three seperate beds in the triple room (as opposed to a double bed and a pull out couch) which was a refreshing change. They had coffee and packaged croissants out for breakfast in the morning (although it was before regular breakfast hours, so I'm not sure what the normal breakfast was like). We asked the staff to call a cab in the morning, which they did, but the shuttle bus (which was not full) ended up arriving before our cab did, so clearly the front desk flat out lied about the hours. I would never go back and I would urge others to stay away as well. The only reason to stay at an airport hotel is for the convenience of getting to the airport, which this airport hotel did not offer. We would have been better to stay at a hotel slightly further away and taking a cab into the airport, since we ended up paying for transportation there anyways.

2 Thank Travel996
FrancescoLaPietra, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest from Canada,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our Hotel Quid Venice Airport on TripAdvisor website. We are sure that any comments, either positive or negative, from our clients are important to improve the quality of our hotel.
We are deeply concerned about the issue of the shuttle. However, as you can see from our official web site, shuttle service is available at scheduled hours, reservation is required at least 24 hours before and it is not free.

We are also sorry that you did not appreciate the helpfulness and kindness of our hotel staff, as the other reviews on TripAdvisor can show: guest satisfaction is the goal of our management and we do always our best to meet that goal.
Anyhow, we are honoured that you chose our Quid Venice Airport Hotel, and we will continue to do our best to be worthy of your selection. We look forward to a future opportunity to better serve your lodging needs.

Sincerely

Meaford
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very clean, good breakfast and food in restaurant is also very good. There is no Swimming Pool, but there are Sport Activities including Swimming next door for a reasonable Fee. The Shuttle Bus is close within easy walking from the Hotel and it is the best and easiest way to get into Venice.

Room Tip: Away from Elevators
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My first impression of this hotel started off awesome but unfortunately after my stay (which was only 2 nights) helpfulxtremely frustrated and unsatisfied with my stay!

I have to admit, the room facilities in this hotel are amazing! The building is brand new, very modern and cool styling and the rooms are lavishly furnished and very clean! Also, had no problems with the free wi-fi. However, I'm afraid that's about all I consider positive about this hotel.

Firstly, the location of the hotel is horrible. Almost in the middle of nowhere serrounded by car dealerships and some warehouses! There are no shops or restaurants around whatsoever. The only thing that's close is a pizza place 5 mins walking which closes at 10 30 pm and whose staff don't speak a word of English.This was extremely frustrating for me and my roommates when we wanted a late night snack craving a chocolate or a drink but had to go to bed starving! The hotel associated restaurant is unreasonably priced and is not always open. Also, keep in mind, if you plan to stay in Venice later than 10 pm or so you will have to cab back to the hotel (~€20)!

Also, the personal service in this hotel wasn't the best. Only 2 people at the reception office were helpful, the rest were VERY rude and condescending! Room service came into our room even though we had the no disturb light on! Another incident that caused me great frustration is when I tried to transfer photos from my camera to an external hard drive on the hotel computers in the lobby. The computers are in Italian and you canNOT change the language (it is locked to Italian) and the reception would not give me the administrator password to enable me to access my hardrive on my computer. Now I have to continue my vacation with limited space on my camera.

Lastly, the breakfast buffet is very much americanized. That is not necessarily a bad thing but personally, I would have appreciated a more Italian experience.

Overall, I am terribly upset with my stay here. Although the facilities are awesome, the staff is not very kind/helpful, location is inconvenient and room service needs to be better monitored!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Hany S
FrancescoLaPietra, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Hany,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our Quid Hotel Venice Airport on TripAdvisor. I believe that guests’ comments are increasingly important to strengthen the quality of our services. I’m deeply concerned about the events that happened during you stay here: please accept my sincere apology.

I am also sorry that you did not appreciate the helpfulness and kindness of our hotel staff, as the other reviews on TripAdvisor can show: guest satisfaction is the goal of our management and we do always our best to meet that goal.

Concerning the room service, we have started internal investigation activities with the housekeeping manager to face this problem.

We thank you for choosing our Quid Hotel Venice Airport: we will continue to do our best to be worthy of your selection.

We are waiting for a future opportunity to better serve your lodging needs.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is ok but lacks personal service.

Be aware that if you ask them to call you a taxi they will charge you 5.60 for doing so.

If you have the opportunity of going somewhere else I would recommend that you do.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sfawke
FrancescoLaPietra, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest from UK

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor websiste.
We are deeply concerned that you did not appreciate the helpfulness and kindness of our hotel staff, as the other reviews on TripAdvisor can show: guest satisfaction is the goal of our management and we do always our best to meet that goal.
However, I want to inform you the 5.6 euros were for the “Tourist tax” (2,8 euro/night) and not for the taxi call.
I hope your doubts have been now clarified.

Yours sincerely