“Cozy island in the modern time”

B&B Romantica Venezia
Ranked #4 of 80 Mestre B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This B&B located on the quiet street, it just few minutes walk from bus station and train station to Venice and but trip take only 15 min - very convenience. We have our doubts about how B&B can be quiet considering closeness of buses and trains, but our doubts were proved wrong.
Few restaurants and supermarket are very close to the B&B.
Rooms are very clean, cozy and bigger than we expected. The design is simple, but romantic, as B&B name states, and create atmosphere of old Venice style.
Instead of conventional breakfast food available at any time - juice, milk, butter, bread, cruassons, jam, granola, cornflaks, assortment of different kind of tee, cofee - very convenient.
Kitchen, bathroom and toilet are shared, but very clean.
Host is very helpful and friendly. We had feeling that we are visiting someone we already knew for ages. It's easily the best place where we stayed during out jorneys. And to top it all there is Aikido dojo next to B&B (http://www.aikikaimestre.it/)

Reznic family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Valery R
Management response:Responded November 23, 2012

It was a real very big pleasure to have Your family as guest, this is the kind of persons I love, and let me say that I was really sad at Your departure, You are all splendid persons. I had Your same feeling and I was so happy to share with You moments, things, spaces.
Thank You again to have honored my home with Your presence.
I wish You the best.
Giorgio

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was one of the best B&B's I stayed at during our trip to Italy. Giorgio was a fabulous host, and despite not living at the B&B, was able to provide all kinds of services. Rather than just letting us check in and loose into the city, he sat us down with a map and recommended the things to do in Venice, where to eat, etc. When one of his recommendations didn't pan out as well as he thought, he took personal responsibility and gave us a refund on behalf of the restaurant for the services they should've provided. I was extremely impressed by his passion for the city.

The B&B is located about 5 minutes from the train stop, which makes commuting into Venice extremely easy. The bus stops are even closer, and the buses back from Venice drops you off practically at the door. The shuttle services to and from the airports are also just five minutes away so it is super easy to get to and leave from the B&B, regardless of whether you came from the airport or another city via trains/buses.

Room Tip: Two of the three rooms have AC, though Venice isn't nearly as hot as Florence or Rome so we mana...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CChai
Management response:Responded November 23, 2012

Very valuable review, because coming from a big traveller and Senior Contributor of TripAdvisor.
I do my job with passion, this is my only secret. I live at a just few meters from the B&B so my assistance to the guests is 24h. Before than to rent rooms I work to give (good) services and I'm very happy when I see my guests satisfied.
Sometime I would write some review about my guests because we have often very kind and lovable persons here.
This is the kind of guests I love. Thank You for Your preference and for Your so kind words.
Giorgio

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I and my wife (we are Indians) stayed at this B&B for three days and found the B&B average for the following reasons:
- Small room (but I think the other two rooms in his house are larger)
- Shared toilet (this might be a big problem for some people)
- Average level of service (no caretaker stays in the apartment)
- the Wifi didn't work for the whole period of our stay and very little, if not nothing was done when informed

The only major plus point(s) is its location (hardly 200m from the train station and 50m from the bus stop where you can catch bus no. 2 to go to Venice) and perhaps the cost.

Room Tip: Room no. 2 is the smallest of the three (but I think this is compensated by having an airconditioner...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aravind B
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The owner is very helpful. The center of Venice is only a short train ride away, so good value for money. The room was extremely clean, spacious and air-conditioned. Only disadvantage: the bathroom (including toilet!) is shared by three couples, rather problematic in the morning... Breakfast is limited but sufficient and self-catering is possible.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank k10tje
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed here for four nights in October. Giorgio was a nice person in giving us information on Venice. We highly recommend this B&B to everyone visiting this area.
Here are some basic facts.
1. Giorgio does not live in this building. You have to call him to meet at the entrance.
2. Guests in three rooms (six people) share a bathroom.
3. Breakfast is self-service. You can use refrigerator and other facilities.
4. You can ask Giorgio to do some laundry works. Very helpful.
5. A bus stop to Roma Square locates in 30 meter distance. Three-day vaporetto ticket is valid for this bus. Very effective to commute to Venice.
As a whole this B&B locates in a very good position.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nomonomo
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at B&B Romantica Venizia. The accomodation was so easily located to the Mestre train station as well as to great restaurants and convenience stores. Giorgio"s preforesional and personalised service has made my experience in Venice a memorable experience. I highly recomend this accomdation for budget consious travelers who still want to enjoy the gifts that Venizia has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank CapeTowntraveller885
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Our two day stay was great.
Mr. Poletti was kind enough to show us how to get around Venice also

The place is 5 min walk to bus/train station to Venice and in less than 15 mins you are in Venice

The place is clean they have 3 apartments with shared bathroom.

I highly recommend this place and it won't disappoint.
We were traveling to Croatia and our bus to Croatia was 5 mins away from the hotel this was great as we did not have to carry our luggage to Venice.

• Stayed: September 2011